• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bags Ergo 2

Hopefully it will have the longer straps on it. I think someone in this thread said that's a standard feature now. I just don't want him to think I'm making stuff up to get a different bag

Saw you sold your original. He didn't want it back?

after talking with John for a bit, he told me there is a way to modify my current ergo two to accommodate a camel bak. I will send it in this weekend and when It gets back post pictures on the modification he did :)

Hopefully it will have the longer straps on it. I think someone in this thread said that's a standard feature now.
That was me, direct from my phone call with John. I wouldn't mind them another 4-6" longer still, but these are definitely longer than the previous version (based on what I can tell in pictures).

Just got my ergo2 black/black as a gift from my gf for my birthday. We played 63 holes today. 83 degrees and damn near 90% humidity and I felt great. Love tbis bag.

Only carrying 3/3/3/4/3 and two putters so 18 total and it's damn near weightless. Can't wait to play more with it on days when I'm not pure sweat.

Only complaint is the pickup handle is just plain material. Not really ergonomic or comfortable to carry for a few holes. Any suggestions on some DIY to fix this?

Has anyone thought about cutting out the nylon piece that separates the disc area from the bottom storage area? It seems like it would be more convenient to access the storage than having to unzip behind the putters.

And the Ergo2 lasted about a month and it's gone. I have carried many bags in my 12 years of playing and the Ergo2 just doesn't make the cut. It was average at best.

Pro's:
- Lightweight
- Shoulder straps are padded nicely. Probably the most padding of any backpack bag on the market.
- Rainfly
- Umbrella holder

Con's:
- Looks cool, but not really too functional. (Yes it holds disc's, but not efficiently)
- Overall storage is lacking. The side zipper pockets need some work.
- The water bottle holder doesn't work all that great. My water bottle would fall out once or twice a round.
- The vertical storage looks saggy after only a month or so of use. Pretty sure within the year it would be a train wreck.
- The zippered pouch between the putter pouch and the vertical disc storage isn't all that functional in my opinion.

I currently have a fade tourney with their weather-guard straps and sometimes play 3 rounds a day on a long course. I've tracked it once and walked over 3 miles for one round. Never had any back issues though. I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger on this sucker and getting this custom done with all the bells and whistles. Don't judge my awesome 5 minute pc drawing skills.
Oh yeah, Where do you guys keep your bag tags on these?

bagcolors_zps6a22e211.png

^^That's legit, I wish I would have had something like that to send John before I ordered mine. I had a slight error on the color scheme due to not being able to show him what I wanted beforehand. Well done.

I don't carry bag tags, but there is a D ring on the outside that would work for those.

I currently have a fade tourney with their weather-guard straps and sometimes play 3 rounds a day on a long course. I've tracked it once and walked over 3 miles for one round. Never had any back issues though. I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger on this sucker and getting this custom done with all the bells and whistles. Don't judge my awesome 5 minute pc drawing skills.
Oh yeah, Where do you guys keep your bag tags on these?

i have a basic black one. there are carabeeners (sp) on either side on the top. i keep mine there.

Has anyone thought about cutting out the nylon piece that separates the disc area from the bottom storage area? It seems like it would be more convenient to access the storage than having to unzip behind the putters.

- The zippered pouch between the putter pouch and the vertical disc storage isn't all that functional in my opinion.

i agree on both counts. it is already difficult inserting and removing discs in general. remove the bottom nylon; i'm going to.

For anyone that has ordered a custom Ergo 2. Can they change/lengthen the straps so that they fit a normal 6'2" person? The Ergo 1 fit fine, but the Ergo 2 was way too difficult to take on and off.

For anyone that has ordered a custom Ergo 2. Can they change/lengthen the straps so that they fit a normal 6'2" person? The Ergo 1 fit fine, but the Ergo 2 was way too difficult to take on and off.

yes the custom ergo 2 straps can be lengthened.