• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birdie Fuel Coffee Co.

I...hot anti-murder serum.
LOLOLOLOL that's awesome ^^^

I will say this thread is making me want to try a French press though
They can be as inexpensive as $15. I dig 'em.
The older I get, the more I appreciate things like less waste and saving grinds for my compost. French Press checks both of these boxes.

Just a heads-up...cleanup time is slightly longer than other coffee making methods.

Aeropress is my go-to for a quick single cup. Get a tea kettle rolling on the stovetop, grind a couple scoops of beans. It brews right into whatever cup you're using. Total brew time is less than 2 minutes and cleanup is a breeze. I will just rinse in hot water most times, and only really clean after several uses.

Last edited:
A little finer than drip. I use it inverted, 23g of coffee, water at probably 200-205 (I get it boiling then let it sit for a couple min). Fill to the top with water and stir for like 10sec, let it sit for a minute and stir one more time, then flip onto my cup and slowly press. There are tons of recipes out there, this one just seems to work well without too much fuss.

I love, but hate this forum. From reading reviews, I now want an aeropress, which then means I need a grinder too.

You dont need a grinder, you can still buy ground coffee. You just usually get a better tasting and better quality coffee when you buy whole bean and grind it yourself.

I think the wife called me pretentious.
"I was reading about that new disc golf company's coffee. Now I think I want a press and a grinder"
"So K-cups aren't good enough for you now"

Horsman, I figure if I'm trying something new for better flavor, might as well grind it fresh too.

When I first started playing disc golf, everything "went left". I did some research and found out that a Stingray is supposed to "go right". So I bought a DX Stingray, threw it, and watched it go left. I was disappointed that I had just wasted $7.

The problem was I didn't really know how to throw a golf disc. Now that I know how to throw, all molds are much more fun and I can enjoy the nuances between each.

I would caution anyone's first foray into boutique coffee making methods. If you don't understand the basics of coffee-making or if you don't have a very refined palette, then you might not pick up the nuances that freshly ground beans have to offer. If you have both of these intact, then you can unlock a world of fun and experimenting.

I have to admit before reading this thread, I thought grinding your own coffee was a bit pretentious. But after reading this, I may have to dish out for a grinder and some whole beans. For fresher taste and also purity.

I think the wife called me pretentious.
"I was reading about that new disc golf company's coffee. Now I think I want a press and a grinder"
"So K-cups aren't good enough for you now"

Horsman, I figure if I'm trying something new for better flavor, might as well grind it fresh too.

You can do both!

I'm a (reusable) K cup user for convenience.

But if I have a free morning I love to coarse grind some beans and French press a pot. It is a much richer, "thicker" tasting coffee due to the sediment.

My wife thinks I am ridiculous using a small hand grinder but she doesn't complain when I whip up a white chocolate latte that is better and CHEAPER than one from the 'Bucks

We have restocked both our Tanzania Drop Zone and our Ethiopian Three Putt in whole bean and ground!
Check the site out and grab some... oh and use code: DGCRFAN at checkout to save 10% now through Monday.

www.birdiefuelcoffee.com

Thanks again to everyone for the great support!

KEEP AN EYE OUT

Keep an eye out for some exciting news next week leading up to the Glass Blown Open.
And while you are keeping an eye out, jump on the site and grab some coffee, coffee infused minis, and more. And we've extended the discount code: DGCRFAN to extend through this weekend. Just use the code at checkout.

Dynamic Discs Stake-Out - Our very own blend of high octane coffee. Perfect for US Marshals and Texas Rangers on the manhunt or for weekend warrior disc golfers who need an edge for those early morning tee times,

Last edited:
Signature roasts sound interesting, I snagged a bag of the Oakley blend. Wondering what a "pleasant lingering aftertaste" is like, haha. Now I just need a Birdie Fuel stamped Wizard!

Agreed about the description, kinda super generic. Makes me stay away from buying it, plus Im not a fan of blends. Hopefully they have a collab with someone who likes single origin light roasts. :)

I generally like single origin more than blends but blends have their place. Flavored coffees tend to be my least favorite... but having said that, there are some really good ones out there. At some point we will also offer a few flavored coffees. Everything has its place.

But personally, I still prefer single origin because I like to experience the unique qualities of each region. At some point I would like to offer a truly high end estate coffee that has been meticulously bred and cared for. But that is a long term goal :)