• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birdie Fuel Coffee Co.

I won't do flavored coffee, but I'm sure it intrigues some people.

As for pros to support...Joe Rovere, Zoe Andyke, Zack Melton, Joel Freeman, Peter McBride, Rebecca Cox, Adam Hammes all come to mind. I'm not sure what your criteria is, though.

Here's a question for you all...

What "lower level" pro's would you like to see BF support?

We have the ability to offer a nice little sponsorship package for any pro out there and we would like to be able to give some of those less known pro's the ability to bring in a little extra tour funds.

Any names that we should investigate? We are also always looking for street team members to help spread the word of the DG themed coffee label.

Brent Jacobs

Cold brewing a pitcher of Ring of (Camp)Fire tonight, we will see how it goes!

We have been playing around with some Organic coffees in recent weeks.

So far we've had a phenomenal single origin Sumatra, several delicious medium roast blends & even a Robusta, high caffeine blend.

Does Organic coffee make you more or less inclined to try a coffee?

Usually I stay away from organic due to price, but our costs for organic beans are pretty similar to our OG blends so we have an opportunity to add to our selection.

So far we've had a phenomenal single origin Sumatra, several delicious medium roast blends & even a Robusta, high caffeine blend.

Usually I stay away from organic due to price, but our costs for organic beans are pretty similar to our OG blends so we have an opportunity to add to our selection.

The only thing that ever turns me off on anything organic is the price. So if price is similar, id be inclined to give it a try.

I had found a site (JavaPresse) that gives a free grinder with the first order of their coffee subscription. Got my email that finally shipped, so I put in an order for whole beans of the Ring of (camp)Fire.

Will use the free coffee, since I really just wanted the grinder :) to test out the aeropress a few times, then finally get some BirdieFuel. I'm excited!

I only buy organic. I dont mind the price since i drink just a small cup a day. That could sway me to invest some change in your beans

I only buy organic. I dont mind the price since i drink just a small cup a day. That could sway me to invest some change in your beans

Glad to hear it! We'd love to earn your business!

We have acquired another pro sponsorship that I think folks are going to really get behind as well!

WOOHOO

When talking coffee, quality is the key. If you give me a choice between organic and not I will most likely go for the organic. But if that organic doesnt have roasted on dates and I find a non organic that is fresh with dates then I will go with that.

My travel mug, s'mores, and mini should be here Thursday according to USPS. So excited!

Thread derail time: My grinder and "free" coffee got here today so I had to make a cup, even though I'm not normally one for afternoon coffee. The first time using a grinder, or aeropress made for a very daunting experience when coming from years of K-Cups. Tried doing it inverted, came out good (not even using cream and sugar[normally I do 3tsp/2tsp respectively) even though I didn't do anything in the time I should have according to recipes I found online.
Moron moment of the day: I used the Keurig for hotwater since the kettle is buried somewhere, not all of the water fit in the press, but no big deal, just pour it into the cup I'm going to use. Gave it just over 2 minutes to brew, about to flip it over onto the cup, but was afraid of making a mess in the process. That's when I grab the cup, without thinking, flip it upside down onto the press. Splashing hot water all over my hand, chest, and counter.
I'm sure I'll eventually get the feel for it.

My travel mug, s'mores, and mini should be here Thursday according to USPS. So excited!

Thread derail time: My grinder and "free" coffee got here today so I had to make a cup, even though I'm not normally one for afternoon coffee. The first time using a grinder, or aeropress made for a very daunting experience when coming from years of K-Cups. Tried doing it inverted, came out good (not even using cream and sugar[normally I do 3tsp/2tsp respectively) even though I didn't do anything in the time I should have according to recipes I found online.
Moron moment of the day: I used the Keurig for hotwater since the kettle is buried somewhere, not all of the water fit in the press, but no big deal, just pour it into the cup I'm going to use. Gave it just over 2 minutes to brew, about to flip it over onto the cup, but was afraid of making a mess in the process. That's when I grab the cup, without thinking, flip it upside down onto the press. Splashing hot water all over my hand, chest, and counter.
I'm sure I'll eventually get the feel for it.

You will get the hang of it. The aeropress is such a simple little coffee maker that makes such good coffee. Inverted is 100% the way to go and you should go dig that kettle out, it will help. But there also isnt a set recipe for how to make coffee. Every coffee is different and they need different amounts of coffee, different water temps, longer brew times, you name it. But pretty much just mess with the brew time and amount of coffee to get the best taste for you.

Finally got around to brewing a cup of S'more. I'll have to play around with ratios and times a bit yet, as the flavor was subtle but the aroma was wonderful.

I'll need to order some of this soon - it sounds like a great idea. And supporting some pro players is a great feature.

I have used Koffee Kult to order better coffee than what can be found in the grocery store, and it has taught me to learn the difference between brewing methods. In fact, I recently purchased an Aeropress, and it's now my go-to way to make coffee! I have some single origin Burundi, and in the French Press it sorta tasted tangy. Then after discovering the Aeropress and a finer grind, it tastes so much better.

After reading this entire thread, I did try the inverted Aeropress method. How is that supposed to work? The plunger keeps the water from leaking down into the outer tube, but when I flipped it over into my cup I ended up with coffee all over the counter...