• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blasphemous Ignorance!

Well he should check out the top 10 courses then and re-think his "disc golf is free" statement... lol

GOOD disc golf is not free.

Golf is truly harder to play. I don't even know if ball golf is a real sport either like Frolf. .

Here is a thought, how about these idiots stop comparing 2 totally different sports which basically share a scoring system lol. Is Lacross the same as Soccer?! or Hockey? Cricket vs Baseball? I mean come on........

Cricket is = to baseball, as far as I'm concerned. They both suck.

It's great how he starts the article off:

"Still, some believe it isn't even a sport. Well, to those people, I have to think disc golf is even less of one."

That's like someone insulting you by saying "you're ugly!" and your argument against this statement is "oh yeah, well, that guy over there is even uglier than I am!"

Nailed it. :thmbup:

Both articles sucked but those two virgins won because they are sitting in their dorm room laughing at us for talking about their articles. Later on tonight they'll realize they're still virgins and they have nothing better to do on a Friday night then celebrate their journalistic victory over creating a stir on a disc golf forum. So no one wins.

I don't buy into the ball golf is harder premise. I do think that ball golf is more expensive to play and in turn makes it more difficult to start out and learn the fundamentals, but if it was almost free like disc golf is when starting out, they are similar. That is a big if because the difference is huge. Put the time into either sport and you will improve daily. I know ball golfers that were naturals in the fact that they don't consider striking a golf ball that difficult. And I know disc golfers that struggle after a year of playing. So many variables make people who make such black and white statements about anything seem ignorant to me. All things can't be equal and in this case, disc golf is easier because it is more available to the average person.

I know ball golfers that were naturals in the fact that they don't consider striking a golf ball that difficult.

Striking is easy, mastering striking is exceptionally difficult. Far harder than anything in disc golf.

I'm not sure why, but I'm liking this thread a lot. Short, with lots of storyboard theories, maybe.

True me, we have lots of nice disc golf courses that ARE free but disc golf is by no means a free sport. 75% of the highest rated are p2p.

I can't help you have all those hoodlums up there messing stuff up. Do y'all pay for your air too? :|

Well he should check out the top 10 courses then and re-think his "disc golf is free" statement... lol

GOOD disc golf is not free.

That's like saying it's not free to play basketball because indoor courts are nicer. Disc golf is free for the average player who never goes anywhere beyond their one or two local city parks.

what the hell is disc golf? i thought this forum was for kicking the soccer ball in the hole in the ground sports..

That's like saying it's not free to play basketball because indoor courts are nicer. Disc golf is free for the average player who never goes anywhere beyond their one or two local city parks.

Local city parks can't charge to go there? Last time I checked its these courseswhich get removed or mismanaged and most municipalities are following the trend of entrance/usage permit fees.

Like I said, GOOD DISC GOLF IS NOT FREE. Nothing good in life is "free" lol

^^ Nothing good in life is free? How sad that you feel that way.

As for DG, there are likely hundreds of high quality courses that are not PtP.

or you live in a fantasy land lol. Either you earn it or have to PAY for it one way or another.

Let me put it this way-- handouts are not going to get disc golf or YOU anywhere. Better?

That's the problem with disc golf itself.. why in the hell should people feel entitiled to show up on land they don't even live within a city of and use at no cost to them without putting anything back into it?

Yes your city park has a disc golf course and it doesn't cost anything. Why does it cost $ to play highbridge or BRP though?! ....... weird maybe they don't rake in property tax to cover course costs? :wall:

or you live in a fantasy land lol. Either you earn it or have to PAY for it one way or another.

Let me put it this way-- handouts are not going to get disc golf or YOU anywhere. Better?

That's the problem with disc golf itself.. why in the hell should people feel entitiled to show up on land they don't even live within a city of and use at no cost to them without putting anything back into it?

Why should people feel entitled? I don't know, maybe the first 197,000 years of human existence before money was invented?

We will never see eye to eye on this matter, so there's no point in continuing the discussion.

I agree with you that no disc golf course is actually "free." It's being paid for one way or another.

the comment section of the article is roving with great rebuttals from people who can actually have an open opinion,

The author clearly needs a life... hes one of those internet journalists hoping to get his fugly mug on TV one day or work for a real publication'

DavidSchuh130826Mugs0100-575x862.jpg

...a basketball sports author lol.

That big, soft forehead is just ripe for a 10m Brick to be tombstoned in.