• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BS review of Black Falls DGCR

Status
Not open for further replies.
The review in question was made almost a full year after the previous review, so without actually being at the course I would have to take his opinion regarding the upkeep.
Then the designer pops up and personally attacks the reviewer. This doesn't put the designer in a good light. Furthermore, the statement made about how the designer is just one guy trying to maintain the course in his free-time makes me think he realized the course is in disarray and attempted to justify it.
Also, if there truly were so many pros and others who have played recently and loved the condition of the course, where are those reviews?

Personally, the review itself was taken with a grain of salt, and I would have checked out the course to see for myself (if in the area). But the response from the designer and creation of this thread has deterred that possibility.

A review is an opinion. Everyone has one and should be allowed to express it when one is asked of them (I.e. on a review oriented site)
Dude, folks in Vermont don't review courses or participate in moronic threads like this; they have better things to do. You are going to take the opinion of an unknown REVIEWER, pissed off over paying 7.00 after driving from Maine, over a long-time respected member of the New England disc golf community? It's attitudes like yours that close private courses.

Last edited:
Dude, folks in Vermont don't review courses or participate in moronic threads like this; they have better things to do. You are going to take the opinion of an unknown REVIEWER, pissed off over paying 7.00 after driving from Maine, over a long-time respected member of the New England disc golf community?

I specifically said regarding course condition. It was the animosity presented by the long-time respected member of the New England disc golf community that thwarts my desire to play at that course. If he had simply not responded, that review would have been just another surface-level review (which it still is).

It's attitudes like yours that close private courses.

Nope. Actually it's the bitter personal attacks from the owners that get private courses shut down. Who would want to give their hard earned money to someone mean spirited?

I specifically said regarding course condition. It was the animosity presented by the long-time respected member of the New England disc golf community that thwarts my desire to play at that course. If he had simply not responded, that review would have been just another surface-level review (which it still is).
Wow, that's really gonna bother Johnny; so you are not gonna go to Black Falls now...from California. You really know how to hurt a guy.

Wow, that's really gonna bother Johnny; so you are not gonna go to Black Falls now...from California. You really know how to hurt a guy.

Wowwwwwww. Such narrow-mindedness. There's no need to project yourself onto others.

I wasn't trying to hurt anyone. I was simply saying that the persona presented by the designer was appalling. If this guy opened a course across the street from me, I still wouldn't play BECAUSE OF THAT ATTITUDE. Not at all because I think it may hurt him in some way.

Wowwwwwww. Such narrow-mindedness. There's no need to project yourself onto others.

I wasn't trying to hurt anyone. I was simply saying that the persona presented by the designer was appalling. If this guy opened a course across the street from me, I still wouldn't play BECAUSE OF THAT ATTITUDE. Not at all because I think it may hurt him in some way.
Thanks for providing a vivid example of why this site is so flawed...the reviewer is always right. Right on.

Thanks for providing a vivid example of why this site is so flawed...the reviewer is always right. Right on.

Oh. My. Goodness.

READ PEOPLE.

I never said he was right. I never said he was wrong. I said it was taken with a grain of salt. "Taken with a grain of salt" means that there is no real levity to a given situation or statement. In other words it was not accepted as an absolute truth. If you need further clarification of what "taken with a grain of salt" means, use Google. You can use Google by opening your web-browser (chrome, Firefox, etc) and typing "Google.com" in the address box, then hit enter.

Oh. My. Goodness.

READ PEOPLE.

I never said he was right. I never said he was wrong. I said it was taken with a grain of salt. "Taken with a grain of salt" means that there is no real levity to a given situation or statement. In other words it was not accepted as an absolute truth. If you need further clarification of what "taken with a grain of salt" means, use Google. You can use Google by opening your web-browser (chrome, Firefox, etc) and typing "Google.com" in the address box, then hit enter.
If you don't know the course or course owner or the REVIEWER, how about taking your condescending attitude to another thread, sport ?

If you don't know the course or course owner or the REVIEWER, how about taking your condescending attitude to another thread, sport ?

Again, projection. If you had actually read what I said, none of your comments would've been necessary.

But, you are right in that I know neither of these people personally. I only know that one guy stated his opinion where appropriate, and the other attacked him for it. THAT is what people are going to see in addition to this thread with the other guy calling everyone rude and offensive names. THAT is what I know of these people.

P.s. I do apologize for the condescension.

Highflyer, its people like you that will eventually make me close the course to the public. You spew words of dog ****. You think you are clever with your words but it's all crap. I am personal friends with some of the best golfers in the world. They hold me and my course in the highest respect. Go duck yourself!

And another thing. I don't do this for the money. I have two excellent paying jobs. I keep the course open and beautiful for me and my family and all the wonderful disc golfers that come to play.

It's funny how everyone sees things differently. When I read the OP then the rest of the thread I really loved the designer's passion and frankly can't wait to play his creation. So there you have it a difference in perception... Its all good.

Highflyer, its people like you that will eventually make me close the course to the public. You spew words of dog ****. You think you are clever with your words but it's all crap. I am personal friends with some of the best golfers in the world. They hold me and my course in the highest respect. Go duck yourself!

Please do close it. I don't think I'm clever, I just think you're ignorant.

You are an idiot that I have no time or more words for just like some of the douches that play at my course. Is there an iggy bin on this site?

One last note before this thread gets locked. I agreed completely with TIm G that this review should not be removed. People should have their say no matter how wrong or malicious it may be. In the end all the good people see the truth anyway. Come see me sometime and throw a round!

Forgot to add. I could have easily solicited 30 or more reviews for the course after this review by some Very experienced players. We all know this is crap and not in the spirit of the site. Black Falls was one of the first courses ever to be reviewed on this site and averages about 2 reviews per year.

Easy there Johnny. Hiflyer called you ignorant once, and was attacked by you and another dude multiple times, he's clearly the level-headed one in this discussion. His point stands. He would rather not play a course with a testy owner, that's his prerogative (and based on your responses here, seems accurate).

For the record, the bad reviewer and SW22 had about 5 of the same CONS about your course, the difference was in the number at the top. For the first guy, the cons were enough to tip his opinion of the place - and as multiple others have stated, his opinion shouldn't be censored, even if its an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts