• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Called aces pre shot?

I have 3 aces. I called 1.

I stepped on the tee pad for hole #4 Schenley Park looked at my friends and said I'm just going to ace this hole. Boom right in the chains.

My brother had just gotten his second ace in one week and second ace ever. This on hole 15 Eagle course in Sabattus, ME. After the excitement, my friend steps up to the box and says " Nice ace, I'm going to cover it." BOOM right on top, back to back aces. very Sick.

I was playing a round with my two sons and we came to the last hole of a Middle School Course. 216 ft uphill, maybe a 30 ft up shot. We had been trash talking the whole round. I told them to go stand behind the basket when I threw so the could witness an ace from the baskets point of view. Even gave them the sharpie I had so they could sign the disc when the fished it out. Nothing but chains. They wouldn't talk to me the entire ride home.

This is awesome.

I don't normally walk up to every tee-pad proclaiming aces... I've done it 3 times.

#1. Anderson Valley Brewing Company Hole 15. I told my buddy that the only way to ace the hole was with a sidearm skip-shot between a particularly small gap. I flicked it perfect, skipped it right in between the trees i called out and it stuck.

#2. Buncombe County Sports Complex Hole 1. As I drove up to the 6 hole course (literally 6 holes ranging from 100-170' on a flat field with no trees) I said to my girlfriend... this course looks like an ace fest. I stepped to the first tee and threw my first shot right into the basket.

The fun part of this story is that.... 6 months later, I took discchainbasket18 to the course... I was telling him the story as we walked up to the first tee. I then took at the same disc from 6 months before and aced the hole again.

#3. Desert Sands Hole 8. This is the best Called Ace story I have. I was playing the course with a noob local that I ran into. He was just learning the game and I was helping him out with some technique. We finished the first round... and I still had some time to kill. I asked if he wanted to play the course again. On the 8th Hole there was a sprinkler rotating around, spraying the basket as we walked up. I told Damian that I was going to wait for the water to come all the way back around and throw my disc so that the disc and water hit the basket at the same time. I waited like 30 seconds for the sprinkler to rotate around and let the shot go... halfway there I knew it had a chance... I couldn't believe it when it went through the water and splashed the chains. Damian, standing there with his mouth wide open, couldn't believe it either.

DSCJNKY

My Avatar picture is of two aces I called out, 1 being mine and 1 being my friends. St Patty's Day last year, I step up to a 210 foot hole during a doubles round, tell my buddy to not even bother throwing as I'm just going to ace it. Beeline my Z Ringer right into the heart (RIP Z Ringer >_< ) My buddy steps up and I tell him that he's going to get his first ace since he just watched how to do it, BOOM, SP Sinus right into the heart.

My Avatar picture is of two aces I called out, 1 being mine and 1 being my friends. St Patty's Day last year, I step up to a 210 foot hole during a doubles round, tell my buddy to not even bother throwing as I'm just going to ace it. Beeline my Z Ringer right into the heart (RIP Z Ringer >_< ) My buddy steps up and I tell him that he's going to get his first ace since he just watched how to do it, BOOM, SP Sinus right into the heart.

When playing doubles, it is usually best to ace different holes.
DSCJNKY

I just have one lonely ace, but I called my shot in front of my son and nephew. Stepped up on the teepad and said "Im going to ace this real quick," and then carried on like an idiot when it went in. My son and nephew, ages 5 and 8 looked at me like I was King Sh@t.

Was your buddy your doubles partner? Pretty rare that partners ace the same hole, because usually after the first one aces, the second guy doesn't throw. Still a cool story though.

Was your buddy your doubles partner? Pretty rare that partners ace the same hole, because usually after the first one aces, the second guy doesn't throw. Still a cool story though.

If he was then they should be penalized. That is like taking a practice putt after your partner made it. Once your shot can no longer improve your team score on a hole, you are no longer allowed to throw

Couldn't tell you. I was pretty pissed at the TD afterwards

I know locally, non-PDGA tourney's, the TD will a lot of time keep ace's/ace pots seperate from CTP prizes. But that definitely should be clarsified before the start of the event.

Our local curcuit started a "baller ctp" this year where a semi difficult hole was select and a cash CTP was placed there for a dollar buy in. Most TD's decided to keep the CTP seperate from the ace pot so more people had a chance to get some cash. Only a couple times did a TD state that an ace would take both prizes. Luckily, one of those tourney's, I hit the ace for the baller CTP and the ace pot. :D

2 called aces on 2 different courses on the same hole # in the same day (Round 1 Sunnyside - Round 2 Darkside) during a PDGA sanctioned A-Tier Event with the first one on video. :D
First person to do so at "The Grange" (now Blockhouse) - and it's listed on the whiteboard in the proshop/gameroom/restroom near the pool.

Vegan Ray sent me a copy of the DVD with the shot on it.

Yuo can see me on the video as I also called the flight of the first ace - "over the trees, over the building, over the corral fence, nothing but net" then proceeded to throw it exactly that way and then just raise both arms as it went in without saying a word!:clap:

I called one once.

Giant spike hyzer in the wind for a slam dunk!!

I have 3 aces. I called 1.

I stepped on the tee pad for hole #4 Schenley Park looked at my friends and said I'm just going to ace this hole. Boom right in the chains.

I was one of his "friends", he said I'm gonna ace this Sh!t & Proceeded to do just that.

Latest posts