• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Calling All Rollers

Star Stingray. Heavy, 175-180 grams. Best roller ever. Sidewinders are good to give it less flip and cut roller

I use a little bit of a beat up champ monarch when i can roll. Its heavy, so I'd say get a 160 monarch and not one like my 170.

My beat in Cheetah is my primary roller. I can get it out around 275' consistently. I also use an Archangel on occasion. They're both 175g. I tried my 150g Leopard but didn't like rolling the light weight much. It didn't seem like it maintained the "rpms" as well as the heavier discs.

Based upon this thread, I think that I'm going to have to try out my Sidewinder when I can get out on the practice field. Maybe I'll be able to increase my d.

I throw backhand rollers with a beat up roc or a beat star leopard depending on the distance needed. Forehand, I use a champ monster.

Sidewinder
Avenger SS
Meteor
Element

And for forehand rollers, the Illusion works pretty well. Or a Surge.

Lots of good advice here so far, and I agree with the prevailing opinion of less stable for backhand, more stable for forehand. The choice really depends on what type of shot you need the roller for. Is it for distance? To negotiate a turn that's hard to make in the air? Or just clear a low ceiling? Need details.

an epic rolls really nice too. it just takes a lot of work to get to to go properly.

that disc is queerer than a $3 bill.:thmbdown:

Lots of good advice here so far, and I agree with the prevailing opinion of less stable for backhand, more stable for forehand. The choice really depends on what type of shot you need the roller for. Is it for distance? To negotiate a turn that's hard to make in the air? Or just clear a low ceiling? Need details.

good call.:clap:

i love my wraith for long, straight rollers or a firebird or sidewinder if the shot calls for something with a curvier roll.

Last edited:
Both the good and bad news about Sidewinder rollers is that they go far. When you set them down just right they go real far. Set'em down on the wrong line they still go far. I've found parts of my home course that I didn't know know existed until I started rolling Sidewinders.:doh: