• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can't beat 12

On long holes look for which side is the "inside" lane. Playing that line will shave off some distance.
Set a par goal. Your next should be 9-10 over. Think of how you can shave those strokes but don't get upset if you don't right away or everytime.
Have fun- my best rounds come when I'm having the most fun.
Simplify your bag, know those few discs intimately.

in disc golf or physically?

Ehhh probably both...that damn bovine growth hormone makes them monsters by that age.

andre-the-giant.jpg

Learn to putt.
It's been said before but cannot be overstated:
The biggest difference between disc golf Pro's and Joes is putting.

generally when you make it in the basket in less shots that brings your score down.

No but seriously taking a few days off helped me recently. all the good advice has been given just do what everyone has said.

dont be afraid to ask some of the better players at your course. they can at least watch you and tell you what you are doing wrong

In the simplest of terms, disc golf can be broken down into three parts or the three fundamental techniques of the game; 1) drive, 2) approach and 3) putt. I suggest you list these three techniques in order from weakest to strongest. For example, putting is my weakest part of the game while approach is my strongest. To improve my game, I would work on these techniques in this order; 1) putting, 2) driving and then 3) approach shots. Improving your weakest technique will inevitably help shave some strokes from your rounds.

Keep in mind that what I've outlined above is a VERY simple view of the overall basis of the game. Each one of these techniques can be broken down even further. Once you know where your biggest weakness lies, you can evaluate further what you need to do to improve it. Things to ask yourself; Is the problem due to lack of consistency in execution? Lack of throw variety? Severe limitations with distance? And let's not forget the mental aspect as well, although that usually pertains solely in competitive play. Once you figure out what to address with that technique, practice. Practice a lot!

Once you've practiced your weakest element so that it's no longer the weakest part of your game, practice the next technique on your list. Once again analyze your shortcomings, work on corrections or implement new approaches to that technique. Then practice, practice and practice.

Continually repeat this process and you're bound to improve your scores.

Play with better players, and pick their brains on what you could improve if they're open to giving some help. Even without any verbal advice, you will learn a lot just by watching how they do things. Then practice what you've seen.

Read technique theory, especially at DGR. Watch videos. But mostly, working to emulate the best players you can find will let you make big strides.

I am chacer94's playing partner, and he is getting better, very quickly. I love that he is branching out, looking for other tips and advise. His putting has drastically changed in the past 2 months, and he is on the right path. His putting stroke is confident, and he is throwing putts to make them, not just to a general area. His drive has gone from a great big noodle that falls to the left as far as it goes forward, to a missile that rips towards the bucket.

I love the advice he is getting, hope you all continue to give him input. He's 15, and I would love for him to start beating me (not THAT often, though!). He is only about 6 - 8 strokes behind me.

Chacer, I see three things that you need to focus on, in the order of importance. Hopefully everyone can give you more input on these suggestions, and new ways to improve.

1. Stay with the putting style you are developing now, just practice. The putts you are missing now aren't off by much, and you can just see the confidence you are gaining each round.

2. Work on your approaches from inside 150 feet. Whether its the Shark or the Buzzz you are throwing, practice it. Straight, hyzer and anny's, both discs should hold any line. Find one that is your go-to approach that you know you can always park, and know the other two well enough that you can use them when trees in the way dictate.

3. Keep ripping that drive. It is amazing how much distance you have gained in the past month, and now you just need consistency with it.

Now, in 4 months when you're consistently beating me....feel free to give me some pointers back! :hfive: