• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chains Disc Golf Documentary Fundraiser!!!

Are you willing to help support Chains the Movie - Disc Golf Documentary??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There just are too many people who say something cant and shouldn't be done . . . those are the people I always try to avoid in my life and I say it can and should be done. It can and will be done without the nehsayers

I have donated over $100 since discgolfplanet.tv got started, I donate to DGCR for the premium membership, I donate to local tourneys when possible, I donate my time on the course to do maintenance and improvements, and I MIGHT donate to this movie, because I support those that support this sport. I haven't decided if this situation is any different than the discgolfplanet project in terms of making a donation so I haven't decided if I will donate. I will buy the movie at the very least, I just don't know if I will donate seperately.

Why do people act so star-struck around pros? Dave Feldberg isn't gettin' a free Big Mac at McDonald's because he's a great disc golfer.

Why do people act so star-struck around pros? Dave Feldberg isn't gettin' a free Big Mac at McDonald's because he's a great disc golfer.
Voice my support as someone who would love to see a real disc golf documentary. Takes allot of time and work to do this stuff so more impressed with the production then his 1000+ rated game.

Nice posts Avery, I've changed my mind. I will donate some money(not a lot, but some) towards helping the completion of Chains. As long as it helps get this movie out faster to people who know nothing about the sport and for the people who love the sport. I will also buy the dvd when it comes out.
Biz

Bah... if touring pros showed up in my town... I wouldn't take them out to eat... I'd cook for them because I am sure they get plenty of Fast Food being on the road and living out of a vehicle ...

Good luck finishing the production of the film... I can't wait to own a copy!

You guys want pros to post on the forums, then treat them like this? If DG stays hidden in the shadow there will be no pros.

Always wondered with Avery's name on hole 5's tee at Roscoe Ewing if he has ever aced it...

Anyway. I will donate here before the deadline.

You guys want pros to post on the forums, then treat them like this? If DG stays hidden in the shadow there will be no pros.

I'd still play if there were no pro's.

Sorry to all the touring pro's, but the way some of you act on Facebook has made me make the choice to never put money into something the pro's do. Especially, donating money to a tournament they will be at. All one person in particular does is bitch that the sport doesn't cater to the pro's 100%. I'm sorry, but no one twisted your arm to make this your career.

If people want me to donate, let me know where it's going. Not just "music and promotion." That's all I asked. If you're going to ask for money, it's only fair to show where exactly it will go. I'd be more willing to donate if that were the case.

Well - if you dont' read the whole post by Avery then I guess I can't really argue with you. You just gotta read the whole post...nothing else to be said.

Technically yes. The only reason I say "technically" with any reservations is because I helped Derek shoot for a weekend and then donated footage that I had shot separately, but the hours of my work are miniscule compared to what Avery, Nate, Val, Derek, Brad, and many others put in over the last 5-6 years.

I just don't want to disrespect their amount of effort and passion put into this project. I'm very proud to have contributed so far and will likely put more work in before it's all said and done.

There's nothing shady about it. I'm not sure I understand why you would make these accusations. Maybe it's because I'm part of the industry myself but these types of funding/donation/pledge website campaigns are extremely common.

I have to agree with the principle here - nobody is trying to rip anybody off. Simply all they're asking for is donations if you can and are willing to help finish something that Derek has literally run himself ragged making and trying to give this sport something that it has never had.

Are you referring to Brad Hammock? The one who is so popular in the SN series at the moment?

I have donated over $100 since discgolfplanet.tv got started, I haven't decided if this situation is any different than the discgolfplanet project in terms of making a donation so I haven't decided if I will donate. I will buy the movie at the very least, I just don't know if I will donate seperately.

Thank you for that. I'm not sure what you meant by the second part though...

Latest posts