• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion vs Jolly Launcher Plastic?

DiscFifty

Banned
I'm confused between "Champion" & "Champion Jolly Launcher" plastic. Is there a difference and if so, what is the difference? When I go online to order, I never see a "Jolly Launcher" specific option. But I could have sworn I've held a Jolly Launcher disc and it seemed more gummy compared to the other Champion plastic. ? ? ? Thx for any clarification between these 2 plastics.

Last edited:
Jolly Launcher is Innova's nickname for their current blend of Champion plastic. All current runs of molds in Champion plastic are Jolly Launcher whether it's clear or not.

At first, I liked the JL plastic. However, I've come to like the softer blends of it far better. Don't know how Innova has two completely different feels on the same discs with supposedly the same plastics but they do.

Jolly Launcher is Innova's nickname for their current blend of Champion plastic. All current runs of molds in Champion plastic are Jolly Launcher whether it's clear or not.

Wait you mean they dont use jolly ranchers to color the plastic?!

The jolly launcher thing seems pretty mysterious. I'm not seeing any champion discs anywhere specifically listed as JL.

Some of my favorite Innova molds I'd like to try in JL: Teebird, Wraith, Mako/Mako3, any of the Rocs, Valk. Advice?

The jolly launcher thing seems pretty mysterious. I'm not seeing any champion discs anywhere specifically listed as JL.

Some of my favorite Innova molds I'd like to try in JL: Teebird, Wraith, Mako/Mako3, any of the Rocs, Valk. Advice?

JL Valks are out there. One of them is in my possession.

It is champ plastic. It is a current run of champ. Same thing. Dave d says it tends to mold up more over stable and therefore is not appropriate for all discs.

Last edited:

Roc3's and Mako3s are both Jolly. Teebirds are as well (and the JL teebirds are NICE but I like my Brinsters better, which are also JL) and I'd assume wraiths are too but I haven't looked at champ wraiths in a really long time.

Cool...so what's the advantage over champ plastic?

JL is just the clear version of Champ plastic. Might be a touch firmer than older translucent blends. Performance seems the same (as other champ plastics).

I wouldnt say it molds up flatter, I would say with a slight dome. I have seen this on dx stamped destroyer/wraith as well as a first run fd3 where my swirl star of each same said disc is much flatter. To me JL is a lil grippier than the previous champion blend.

It really isn't. 'Jolly Launcher' = informal name for current clear/bright Champion. There is no option to buy 'Jolly Launcher' plastic because it doesn't exist ... it's just a name for Champion. The molds you listed are already made in Champion plastic.