• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cheers to another year!

banknwank

Eagle Member
I started playing disc golf one year ago when I got my innova starter set for my 40 th birthday. I still carry my 150 Leo from my beginners set for uphill,down wind and turn over shots. Not that I knew what any of those shots meant a year ago. My first trip to a local course was nearly my last. 150 ft hyzers on 600 foot par 3 was a little discouraging. I knew I had to learn how to throw a disc before I could know if I was gonna give up the sport. Found a beginner course close to home that wasn't as discouraging and continued to try and play the game. I picked up a star mako and began to learn to throw low and flat to run at the basket on the shorter beginner baskets. Discovered dg review in my quest to improve and started to understand more about the terminology and flight characteristics of golf discs. Went on a disc buying binge and continued to see improvements in my game. As I started to feel more confident in my beginner game. So, I signed up on dg review to share my newb experiences in the hope that I might inspire some other struggling newbs. Now I am one year in and came back to lighter , under stable, dx plastic that I thought I had out grown and was turning over......now I know I was suffering from wrist roll and not overpowering anything. I see 300 + on a regular basis, know the importance of putting ( still putt poorly), continue to see improvements and can shoot around par on most courses. Just got my second ace today and posted my new course best at my home course (badlands) for a -2.:hfive: I have been working to to shoot par or better for exactly one year!:hfive::hfive:

Last edited:
Congrats man! Glad your still loving it. If I make it back out to Denver this summer ill PM you again and maybe we can get a round in.

Congrats! I'm hopeful disc golf is a lifelong activity. I'd love to be competitive in a grand-masters tourney one day...

Even as a more experienced player I love reading your posts and articles! Keep them coming and good luck in your quest to become a more complete disc golfer!

Thanks for responses . These forums are a great place to vent enthusiasm for disc golf . Can't talk disc golf with most people I know or work with . Most people aren't even aware of disc golf. :thmbup:

This years disk golf related bday gift. Had an awesome disc golf birthday week. Traveling disc golf adventures, Rockies game, beer,lowest home course round with an ace, free custom 303 stamp summit from Phoenix, and this was in living room when I got home from work. Bestest birthday week ever!:thmbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 12
This years disk golf related bday gift. Had an awesome disc golf birthday week. Traveling disc golf adventures, Rockies game, beer,lowest home course round with an ace, free custom 303 stamp summit from Phoenix, and this was in living room when I got home from work. Bestest birthday week ever!:thmbup:

Sounds like an awesome birthday to me! :hfive: What does this new summit look like?

Nice fiery ,orangish , with some green speckles that go well with rainbow stamp. I think it was last years phenix sponsored 303 open. Denver skyline and rocky mountain sky line. I think it's a pretty cool looking disc. Kyle pulled it out of his secret bin stash for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: