• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cleaner Lines

kcplease

Double Eagle Member
I've been using just contact paper and trying to seal it the best I can but I can't seem to get clean lines. How can I get nicer lines?

To follow up on what MarkS was asking.............is the paper tearing or is it a bleeding issue? sharper xacto would solve the paper tearing issue but if you are getting bleed it sounds like you need to seal the cut edges down better. I use a bondo squeege to seal down all my cut edges before the hot bath. An old credit card would work too I would think. Good luck.

I sometimes use a hair dryer to warm up the stencil when it is on the disc. I use vinyl, but I would assume it would work for contact paper. The theory is that as the adhesive warms it sticks to the disc better. I think the heat also makes the bubbles expand and better shows when they will look like in the pot and make it clear which are going to be your trouble spots.

i use one of those portable fan/heater things and after i peel all the stuff off that i need to, i put the disc on my light table and blow heat up from the bottom, seems to seal the edges nicely