• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Co-op Putting Game: Dragon Slayer (Nerdy)

Tried it yesterday with a buddy of mine who is as computer game RPG nerdy as I am. The balancing is quite tricky to get, but we did it in the end. We had the dragon at 35 health, but I think we will buff him to 40 next time. We had all our discs in the 15 to 25 feet range, and we didnt lose in 5 tries. Closest calls we had were me dieing in th every first round and in the very last round both staying alive with 1 and 2 lives. But that was after we started moving more and more discs out towards the 25 feet mark.

A little thing we added were phases. We had 4 discs in a row which were pretty close, which lead to a "burst damage" phase, and then 8 discs in a row which were remarkably further out, which gave us a "air" phase. This lead to even more excitement. Every burst phase putt that we didnt make hurt twice as much, while the pressure in the air phase realy rose because if one keeps missing, the other guy can lose half his life in one air phase easily.

Oh, and we had the dragon atack after every throw. If one of us didnt make a putt, the other instantly lost a life point. The dragon has one turn after every turn of us. So it's p1 - dragon - p2 - dragon etc. If I hit, and my buddy misses, I lose one health.

smigles thanks for the great additions and the achievements! I meant to clarify the dragon attacking after every turn but I wasn't able to edit the OP.

I tried to read the op, really. Wouldn't you rather just play a round of disc golf?

If you have time and a disc golf course near you, then yes of course.

This game is best played with a practice basket at places like your house, a park or camping. The whole part that makes the game fun is that it's coop, so you are working as a team with friends while also practicing putting.

ok maybe this is off topic/new topic but another variation that could be a fun camp/backyard game would be to have markers with different point values and the first one to kill the dragon wins... Kinda like 301 in Darts...

having to throw around an item is a higher point value then an open straight shot... Ex 5ft put 1 point 8 ft 2pt 12 ft 3pt blind shot from behind the camper 20pt... Tree in line with basket 25ft 19pts...

more of a competition head to head game....

I kinda like the coop thing too as you can give your buddy crap about getting you killed....

SIDENOTE: the people in that video really scare me.... Can you imagine going on a hike & coming upon those people and them throwing something @ you yelling lightniing bolt! I'd jump back and start yelling XD9! (beats lightning bolt krispies every time)

Latest posts