• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Coldsweat's 2018 Bag Thread

coldsweat

Birdie Member
Last year, and I am not really sure why, but I didn't really get out to play at all. I've fallen back a little bit from where I was in 2016. No use worrying about it though. For 2018, at least at the start, I am dialing my disc count down a bit. Want to work on course management and shot selection. I am using the Double Nutsac as my main bag atm, and giving the Grip EQ a break.

So where I stand at the start of the season:

Putters:

D Line PD - I have switched to the PD's from the Judges i've bagged the last few years and am absolutely loving them. Throwing, putting, approaching. They just work good for me.
Z FLX Zone - At this point I need to just call it what it is....the Zone is a crutch. And when I don't carry one I usually score 5 strokes worse in a round. The plastic changes here to there, but the mold is the single most important disc to my game.

Mids:

DX Glow Rancho Roc - I know it is kinda old and outdated, and I tried to like the Roc3....I really did...I just don't. Old school Rancho's for me.
Star Rancho Roc - This is a little more OS than a fresh KC Pro...and it holds it much longer. Love this mid for glidey field hyzers and fh approach.

Drivers:

Pro Leopard - This is a nice, glidey, shapeable driver. I use it a lot to carve up the woods.
Champ Teebird - The absolute perfect companion to the pro leo. I use this one for the straightest of shots, and thats about it. Handles the wind ok enough, and a really reliable flyer for me. I usually lean heavy on a cycle of Eagle-X's, but the Leo/Teebird has been doing work for me. So I am going to keep leaning on them till they don't work.
P-line PD - This is my distance driver of choice this year, and the primary reason I took Eagles out. This is like the eagle's big brother, and powered down gives me a very similar shot.
S-line PD - For me this thing is a nice glidey meat hook. I am hoping to season it in. It is very flat, and fits in the hand beautifully. I use it into strong headwinds, long hyzers, and shots I want to flex out.
2018 Sexy Bird - It is actually similar to my super beefy Sline PD, it is more OS for sure, but only just. This is kind of a FH exclusive disc atm, but very reliable in a point and shoot sort of way.

So there it is. Idk if I am sold on PD's yet, but so far so good so I am going to keep going. Been enjoying the light rounds and not nearly as fatigued at the end of 24 holes now carrying the lighter setup.

Nice minimalist bag, assuming you're not really putting with PDs 🤔

I always have a couple of PDs in my bag, love 'em.

Alas, the versatility of the PD expands to putting duties!!

Jk :D

I agree though, nice simple set up. Very clean!

Haha...nice catch. What can you do. I did indeed mean the P2 in the putter slot.

This season went really really well for me. Things changed, but not TERRIBLY so. At this point we are well over mid way through discgolf season in Michigan. Here is where my full grip stands.

Putters: Still rocking the P2's. These were FANTASTIC for me this season. Driving, putting, approaching. They have been great.

2 x D-Line P2: These are for all putts and short approaches. Matching pair. Banged many putts this summer.

S-Line P2: This is the primary approach/driving putter for me. It is flying great. Got worked in to very straight, but still handles itself in the wind. This is a go to off the tee for me.

Mids: Definitely saw the biggest change for me since the previous post. But really not that much of a change in the grand scheme of things.

2 x Star Rat: This disc is something I JUST discovered. And it went immediately into the bag. Flying like a worn in Jawbreaker Zone. Nice and gummy so it grabs the ground pretty consistently. I have one worked in and a fresh one I just added in. These get the bulk of my scoring shots. All sorts of approach work both FH and BH. Very rangeable, almost no glide, super comfortable, and not a ton of skip due to the give. These have been great for me.

Elite-X Comet: Beat for rollers. Had for a few years now. Also standstill shots with awkward footing.

ESP Comet: Worked in. Flip to flat, turnovers. Very reliable.

MJ Swirl Glo ESP Comet: Super straight, no wiggle, and then a pretty reliable fade for a comet. This flys like a nicely seasoned Roc that still has some life left. Bought a whole stack of these. They are amazing.

Fairway Drivers: The Teebird/Leo combo did not last long at all. It never has any time ive tried it. No matter what I try….I ALWAYS come back to the Innova Eagle-X. They are just so incredibly consistent for me, and I KNOW the flight of the disc. I will bag anywhere from 2-6 of these pending the course. This is an absolute workhorse. For the bulk I will carry 4 though. So here is the general setup.

3 x DX Eagle-X: One beat to roller, one S/US, one S/OS

Star Eagle-X: OS, a mini firebird. I keep these fresh and rotate between Star and Champ depending on what is feeling good. Once they start wiggling I will replace it. I have tried to work premium plastics into the seasoned eagle role….but I just really like the DX there. I feel like I know the plastic better, trust the grip more, and can range them/am much more consistent with them than Star or Champ.

Champion Roadrunner: This one is decently light (167g). I use it for shots that NEED to go right and rollers. Also quick panning thumbers.

2018 Nate Sexton Firebird: At my arm speed, this flies lines IDENTICAL to my old champion banshee's. Only farther and more consistent….its amazing. Gets a lot of FH work and a lot of utility shots.

"Distance" Drivers: I don't have a gigantic arm, so my distance game is primarily the control driver speeds. Somewhere in the 9-10 range. I lost my straight PD so went to the shed and pulled out my old stable of Escapes. For now they are flying great for me. Tons of glide, and super straight. They generally glide out farther than anything else I have.

Fluid Escape: Primary back hand distance. Feel like I get dug in for a really nice grip.

Lucid Escape: Primary forehand distance driver. Again…the stiffer blend helps the grip a lot.

Bio-Fuzion Escape: More than anything this is basically a backup. If I lose the Lucid it flies almost identical.

Latest posts