• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Condors and Zephyrs

aceshyze

Bogey Member
I see guys talking about their zephyrs and condors on here, but it certainly doesn't seem like any of you are the novices transitioning to disc golf that these are marketed for by the manufacturers. What do you normally use them for? What plastic and weight? How do you fit them in your bag?

I see guys talking about their zephyrs and condors on here, but it certainly doesn't seem like any of you are the novices transitioning to disc golf that these are marketed for by the manufacturers. What do you normally use them for? What plastic and weight? How do you fit them in your bag?

Condor = Thumb Rollers

Zephyr = Go in the BASKET!!!! Great on short holes.

I don't use either of these personally but I played with the best Thubm-roller thrower for many years and he could shoot 1020 golf throwing nothing but the condor off the tee.

I use a Condor occasionally for rollers and upshots where I want to outglide the basket by several feet. :D Even if I don't toss it in the bag I usually keep it in the back of the truck because it makes a good catch disc if I need to wait on people to arrive for a round.

The weight I shoot for is close to max which on the condor is 200g. I believe mine is 195g.

As for how I fit it in the bag....I don't. It's awkward. We need a bag maker to include an oversized lid pouch.

My dad throws almost all big lids (except for a DX Eagle and a Millennium Tachyon) and he just carries them in an over the shoulder laptop bag. Works well. I'lll post pics if I can.

My dads bag:
3 Condors (157g Blizzard, 179g factory second and 190g tourney stamped) Millennium Tachyon, DX Eagle, SuperHero, Lynx, Zephyr, Sonic

And unless the course has a ton of really long holes we're usually neck and neck. He actually doesn't use the Condor much for rollers. More how we use a Fairway driver. The benefit to the big frisbee type discs is they have crazy glide and unless you're really cranking on them, they don't turn over on you and instead just glide right in to a nice smooth landing. Plus they're awesome for dogs.

I throw a 200g condor for forehand rollers and some mid range drive on the box . Fun disc to throw but it does not fit in most bags

I put it in my Spider Monkey Gorilla Boy bag. It's a small bag. You can fit another disc inside of the Condor. IF you put the flight plate facing the outside of the bag it goes in fairly easily.

I carried my friends condor for a bit and it would fit in the back pocket forthe rainflap in a GB bag pretty well and it wasnt really noticable while wearing the bag on your back.

I have a Condor and Zephyr in the putter pocket of a Fade Tourney bag. There is room to stash a Sonic inside the Zephyr as well.

The Condor I use for thumb rollers. The Zephyr is nice on upshots where you can throw nice and smooth at low power; it doesn't fade so you can throw it right at the basket. The Sonic does the same thing but the Zephyr glides out better. I end up throwing the Zephyr on uphill approach shots a lot; on level ground or an elevated lie I've switched to using the Sonic. I'll probably phase the Zephyr out completely fairly soon, but for now it's still in there.

I use carry one or two Condors in the top pocket of my Revo Dualpack.
If I am carrying my Gateway Ozark, I put them in one of the large side pockets.

I carry 2 condors and a zephyr in my bag most of the time. I keep them in a side pocket of my gateway ozark bag and they fit just fine

I keep a couple Zephyr's in the trunk of my car. My friends and I will play catch with the Zephyr before our round to get warmed up. I also like playing one disc rounds on short courses with them.

I've been using and loving my 198g condor for downhill drives and shots where I want to make damn sure my disc doesn't leave the line I put it on. For me, it flies like the buzzz's big "special" cousin. I don't do rollers much due to my home course being heavily wooded with a lot of roots and stumps to get in the way, but I imagine it'll be good for those too. Oh and since it doesn't fit in the bag it sits in the putter pocket and occasionally eats my aviar.:doh:

ive been useing my condor on those long tight wooded shots that you need a disc that will just float in and keep the line you put it on.

currently have a 174 bliz condor bagged in my silverback behind the putter pocket.

i also have a bliz zephyer but mainly use it for just tossing around with friends before or after rounds.

I use Condors for buttery smooth FH throws up to 200'. It's famous for the thumb-roller (which I'm trying to learn) but it is insane for FH. I have a Zephyr but I haven't messed with it much lately. I may have to rock it for short holes since my Polekitties are getting a little too beat.

my Condor is 198g I think. Zephyr is 200g.

I cary a 200 Gram Condor and use it for Thumb Rollers. I tuck it into the back of a Revolution Carolina Bag inbetween the padding and the bag... Works great there...

There is room to stash a Sonic inside the Zephyr as well.

The Condor I use for thumb rollers. The Zephyr is nice on upshots where you can throw nice and smooth at low power; it doesn't fade so you can throw it right at the basket. The Sonic does the same thing but the Zephyr glides out better. I end up throwing the Zephyr on uphill approach shots a lot; on level ground or an elevated lie I've switched to using the Sonic. I'll probably phase the Zephyr out completely fairly soon, but for now it's still in there.

Ditto on all counts. I'm carrying a Revo Mini Deluxe when I hit the local pitch & putt and keep the Zephyr/Sonic sandwich right in between everything else. I prefer the Zephyr for backhand approaches and stupid glidy shots and the Sonic for those "outside putting range but too close to want to lay up" runs at the chains and flippy flick approaches.

I have a Condor that I enjoyed throwing. It's like a bigger, heavier, slower, Comet. I want to try a Zephyr.

The Condor is a fine disc, it just doesn't seem as versatile to me, as other discs. I'd like to try a blizzard Condor.

I carry a blizz condor and it fits in the putter pocket of my prodiscus bag, I use it for upshots and thumb rollers, but the blizz is a little more stable than I'm used to. Waiting to get a new dx. I also use a zephyr to warm up before rounds.

Latest posts