• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Contemplating starting a disc golf clothing company.. Any suggestions

Valt360

Hi guys,
This is my first post on the site, but anyways. I've been thinking for the past few weeks about starting a company that makes disc golf specific clothing. The idea came to mind when I was looking for some athletic pants that were slim so I wouldn't step on them when I went to throw. I found a few different pairs but they were all quite expense ($75) just for pants. So I thought I could create a cheaper product and tailor it specifically to our growing sport. I had three products that I think I would start out with all with disc golf branding.
1. Slim athletic pants
2. Throwing gloves for colder weather
3. Ball Golf style golf shirts (I know they already have these but hey)

I would really appreciate your feed back, comments, suggestions, ect. Would YOU buy something like this? What would you be willing to pay? Thanks for taking the time to read this, I would love to hear what you have to say.

^^Yes! I've pretty much given up on finding "sport specific" clothing, be it disc golf, cycling, even hunting gear gets hard to come by in the larger sizes.

^Agree, hyzer has been played out. I would also add huck to the do not use list.

make sure its not named DD either

like dynamic discs. and diety discs.

as far as other stuff goes. your going to be marketing to an extremely small population. im not a business major or expert but as far as it goes on here (dgcr) is the die hard disc nerds. were the 1% in the sport. most other people playing wont give a damm about getting a disc shirt that are just casual players.

if you are trying to get filthy rich off this, i would elect another population to target. if your doing this for the hell of it, then get going!!

1-athletic pants? what are they going to do that sweatpants wont?
2-gloves? again probably less than 1% of the dg population will invest. in fact in mn here ive never seen anyone use a throwing glove.
3-dri fit polo? probably your best bet.

i personally wouldnt buy any of those because i dont have a need for any of those. and i cant say i really have any friends- casuals or dg nerds that would invest.

im not saying dont do it, im just saying dont expect much

Do NOT make it look like ball golf!!!This is disc golf and it deserves its own look!

Hi guys,
This is my first post on the site, but anyways. I've been thinking for the past few weeks about starting a company that makes disc golf specific clothing. The idea came to mind when I was looking for some athletic pants that were slim so I wouldn't step on them when I went to throw. I found a few different pairs but they were all quite expense ($75) just for pants. So I thought I could create a cheaper product and tailor it specifically to our growing sport. I had three products that I think I would start out with all with disc golf branding.
1. Slim athletic pants Wear Shorts
2. Throwing gloves for colder weather Most people prefer throwing with their bare hands
3. Ball Golf style golf shirts (I know they already have these but hey)What's so special about yours that make them better?

I would really appreciate your feed back, comments, suggestions, ect. Would YOU buy something like this? What would you be willing to pay? Thanks for taking the time to read this, I would love to hear what you have to say.

One final comment, it sounds like you are thinking of actually coming up with brand new apparel rather than using existing products and adding a logo etc. Who do you plan to have design, source and manufacturer these products?

It's all about clever designs that incorporate good disc golf artwork, and good shipping from your online store (cheap and include Canada). I keep my eye out all the time for something to wear that a disc golfer will recognize, but there's very little of interest out there. Seems to generally be just company logos slapped onto generic shirts that I could buy without the logo for half the price.

Latest posts