• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses between Orlando and Miami

Markus

I´m from Sweden and will be travelling on vacation i FLA in december. We are landing in Orlando on dec 13 and will take a ride down to Miami after a couple of days. I will try to play a couple of courses during this time and would be thankful for any comments on what courses to play. If you had to pick two courses to play in this area, which would it be? I prefer if the courses is somewhat well maintained and easy to find. Less snakes and alligators is also a plus :)

Thanks for any tip.

// Markus

Sadly from Orlando the best courses are west and north of you and your heading east and south....Theres a few options in Orlando...the Turkeynator Bill Frederick course I think....I suppose your best options are near Boca Raton I think tradewinds, Easterlin and the hammocks courses in Miami....all appear to be solid but not spectacular.....South Florida is dead for disc golf unless there is a private course I dont know about!

If you head down the west side of FL, there are a bunch of good courses on the way (yes, it is a longer route to Miami). I recommend:
in Tampa/Clearwater Coachman & Cliff Stephens
Tocobaga in St Petersburg
Water Tower and Lakeview in Sarasota.

Check the course browser map on this site if you have not done so already.

I'd visit Bill Frederick before leaving Orlando---play both courses. Beautiful, well-maintained park, fun courses. The Turkeynator (T2) is the more challenging, the original more manicured, if you've only time for 1.

If your route takes you to Tampa/St. Petersburg---out of the way if you're driving Orlando to Miami---Cliff Stephens. It does have a bit of water where you can lose discs, if that's an issue to you.