• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses in Colorado Open in the Winter

Buchajs1

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Hey all,
Currently I am in Dillon, Co and am taking a day off from skiing. Any disc golf courses in the area that are open and worth the trip? Saw that there is a course in Dillon, but not sure whether it is open. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Conifer is always open

I bet there is a lot of snow, but the course is one of the best in Colorado.
Rocky Mountain Village in Empire is cool, but can't tell if it is open.
Glenwood is a nice option. Bailey opens April 4th.

You may have to swing down to Denver otherwise.

Hole in the Sky DGC in Eagle isn't too far from you and is worth playing. It certainly isn't a mountain course though. But there should only be a little bit a snow. Mostly everything else around you is going to be pretty rough to play in the snow.

Hole in the Sky DGC in Eagle isn't too far from you and is worth playing. It certainly isn't a mountain course though. But there should only be a little bit a snow. Mostly everything else around you is going to be pretty rough to play in the snow.

Thanks for the shout Jordan. HITS is definitely open, has no snow and maybe just a little mud right now, and is definitely worth the trip. We have a $1,000 ace pool in play at our doubles league there tonight if you'd like to head our way this afternoon.

I can assure you that Dillon is not playable right now as Summit County is still covered in snow. Rocky Mountain Village is a possibility but you'll have to call them to get a conditions update.

Other than that, there's not much available in the high mountains this time of year.