• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses near Ellijay, GA

WhittleCD

I am staying in Ellijay, GA this weekend and there are a few courses, all an hour away. I plan to catch the DGC in Canton, GA on my way back home. I only have time for 1 other while I am here. Need some guidance on which course would be most worthwhile. Thanks in advance :)

NGCT is a sweet course. Lots of hills and shule...bring some water and hiking shoes. It will take you about 2.5 hrs to play all 18.

#12 is the signature hole.

NGCT is a sweet course. Lots of hills and shule...bring some water and hiking shoes. It will take you about 2.5 hrs to play all 18.

#12 is the signature hole.

Don't know when you last played it, but the schule quotient is much lwer overall and Non existant is any fairway (and they are very fair and wide fairways (even hole 8 is 20-30 feet wide off the tee)

The work myself and the crew at NGCT are doing to make the place top notch is showing improvements as every month goes by.

The course just passed the 1 year mark on APRIL 9th and we will be hosting the USDGC finals for the GA state rep spot as well as the 3rd Sunday doubles(held on the special FIRST Sunday of MAY the 5th) with prizes for everyone who plays in the evnet or doubles, so if anyone is in the area, come check it out for yourself and see what everyone is talking about.

No better way to spend Cinco de Mayo then to play some Disc Golf, congratulate the USDGC rep (maybe even BE THE REP! and win prizes just for showing up. :thmbup:

Keith

Don't know when you last played it, but the schule quotient is much lwer overall and Non existant is any fairway (and they are very fair and wide fairways (even hole 8 is 20-30 feet wide off the tee)

The work myself and the crew at NGCT are doing to make the place top notch is showing improvements as every month goes by.

The course just passed the 1 year mark on APRIL 9th and we will be hosting the USDGC finals for the GA state rep spot as well as the 3rd Sunday doubles(held on the special FIRST Sunday of MAY the 5th) with prizes for everyone who plays in the evnet or doubles, so if anyone is in the area, come check it out for yourself and see what everyone is talking about.

No better way to spend Cinco de Mayo then to play some Disc Golf, congratulate the USDGC rep (maybe even BE THE REP! and win prizes just for showing up. :thmbup:

Keith

Played there in early march. Maybe it was just my errant throwing into the briars. :thmbup: made me think about the shule. Def a quality course. My wife knew one of the workers there so there are some good people there no doubt. Worth the coin. Y'all just need to have some more CFRs. I would buy one to help out the course

"Y'all just need to have some more CFRs. I would buy one to help out the course"

Champ Leopards and Panthers are now there with the NGCT stamp as of APRIL 1st.:D

The main problem is trying to have stuff there that is beginner friendly as most experienced Golfers will have their own stuff when arriving and "usually don't buy discs" but I know there is a small percentage of people who will buy "wall hangers" or to support the course - unfortunately they can't buy tons of discs on the off chance that someone's favorite will be there.

Hopefully if enough people keep going and telling everyone about it - it might get to a "must play" course for people like a FlyBoy or the other top courses in the country - and that would allow them to actually possibly make money on the course which would allow other things to happen.

As of now they need over 50+ PAID rounds a week just to break even for the labor, not to mention fuel, maintenance on equipment, etc. not even counting all the work I do to help the course just for the love of seeing the course look as nice as it can.
And they are not getting more than 30-40 on a GOOD week.

But since the First of the year it has picked up quite a bit they tell me and they now have a new guy ehlping with mowing and upkeep that is young and a guide there so he is a HUGE help.

Hopefully we'll see you and some friends out there at one of the 3rd Sunday Doubles - and if you show up - Please introduce yourself and I'll give you one of the GSSS InnColor Fifth and Final Year Series Discs.

Keith

Another vote for NGCT... I have only played it once but am constantly daydreaming about going back and will be there soon. I was staying around the same area as you and I don't think it took more than an hour or so to get there and was worth every second.

yeah i played the NGCT a few weekends ago and cant wait to get back.. awesome day of disc golf out there :thmbup: