• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses Near Norman, Oklahoma?

jmhoekst

Birdie Member
DGCR Peers,

I'll be traveling to Norman, Oklahoma for work this week. I'm hoping to have time to play a couple courses, but certainly don't have time to play more than two. Looking at what's close and rated high, it seems like Noble DGC, Griffin Park and NE Lions Park are the way to go.

Questions for the locals:
Which is better?
If I can play only one, which should I choose?
Should I print off a map beforehand?
Any leagues nearby on Tue/Wed that I might try to make?

Thanks.

This is the best time of year to play Griffin. It can eat discs in the summer. I live In KC now but I learned to play on Dolese in OKC area. If you get a chance to play dolese it is a cool course. I have heard Lions is better now than in the past. Play Griffin and Lions. If you get a chance hit dolese in OKC.

This is the best time of year to play Griffin. It can eat discs in the summer. I live In KC now but I learned to play on Dolese in OKC area. If you get a chance to play dolese it is a cool course. I have heard Lions is better now than in the past. Play Griffin and Lions. If you get a chance hit dolese in OKC.

Thanks for the tip! Noted.

If you want to play Dolese or Will Rogers let me know. I live across the street literally from WR and about 2 miles from Dolese.

If you want to play Dolese or Will Rogers let me know. I live across the street literally from WR and about 2 miles from Dolese.

Sounds awesome! I don't have my travel details just yet. I'll PM you when & if the time comes.

Played griffin two days ago. It is poorly laid out and can be confusing getting from basket to the next tee. take the map from this site. I really enjoy lions it is my favorite course in Norman. It is loaded with every hole there is. Open, wooded, water, etc. Might be a good idea to get a map for it too. I wouldn't recommend colonial. Pretty open and boring. The noble course is new I haven't played it yet but I've heard its a solid course

Griffin would be the top of my list for the Norman courses. NE Lions is right nearby and isn't a bad play either.

Noble is also a gem in the making, but to my knowledge it doesn't have tee pads yet,so it can be a pain to navigate for a first timer if you don't have a local in tow.