• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dallas texas

I am coming out to dallas texas between march 16 and the 20. I am looking for a mini or little doubles tournament going on about the 19. I will be staying close to garland area. I was checking out the B. B. Owen park but didn't know if they was having anything like that.

Plastic on Chains has flip doubles at 11am every Saturday at Paschall Park (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2649). There are usually 20-30 people who show up. It's $5 and an optional ace pot. I'm not sure what the pot is up to at the moment. They also have singles on Sunday at 11am.

Occasionally, there's no meet when the organizer is in a tournament. I don't think he is in one that day, but he hasn't put it on the calendar yet. It's not unusual for him to wait until a few days before and then schedule the next couple of weeks or so, so check back (http://www.plasticonchains.org/)

I play BB Owen too, and I see they have a regular mini on Saturdays at 2pm, but I don't have any more info than what's on the course page ( http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=865).

It looks like Plastic on Chains stopped doing the flip doubles on Saturday a few weeks ago, but they are still doing the singles on Sunday. Disappointing though. I liked playing the doubles best.

I second that, you wann head to Lester Lorch and play Beaver and Coyote, it is heads and shoulders above the rest of the courses I have played in the area, and the local DG association does have Sat minis starting at 1:00 I believe, at least that is what a sign at the course sez, at any rate you will have no trouble picking up a game and playing one of the best courses around. I'm working Sat, but I'll be there all day tomorrow, fly fishing the pond and chucking plastic....

I second that, you wann head to Lester Lorch and play Beaver and Coyote, it is heads and shoulders above the rest of the courses I have played in the area, and the local DG association does have Sat minis starting at 1:00 I believe, at least that is what a sign at the course sez, at any rate you will have no trouble picking up a game and playing one of the best courses around. I'm working Sat, but I'll be there all day tomorrow, fly fishing the pond and chucking plastic....

Thanks. Do you know how much it costs to enter the mini, ace pot, etc.?

BB Owen has a rep as being too easy. If there is one course to play in DFW above all others, it is probably Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill. It's two complete 18 hole courses. I hear they have a mini on Saturday afternoons, but I see nothing onthe course pages. I'll see if I can confirm because I think I will go since the Saturday Doubles at Paschall seem to be no more.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=139
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1475

i played BB owen once and it was fun but it was kind of easy. it was really close to our hotel though so i went there

I believe the saturday mini a paschall(mesquite) has been moved to Audubon(Garland) at 11
am, and still at paschall sundays at 11

I wouldn't bother w/ BB. the locals do what they can but in general it isn't a special course and depending on pin positions it can be clustered and possibly confusing in one area.

Last time I played it, unsavory poeple were all over, it had a bad vibe.

I wouldn't bother w/ BB. the locals do what they can but in general it isn't a special course and depending on pin positions it can be clustered and possibly confusing in one area.

Last time I played it, unsavory poeple were all over, it had a bad vibe.

I checked and re checked the lock on my car like 3 times the last time i was there.

i second rockwall. incredible course and closer to garland than lester lorch.

Audubon and Rockwall would be a good pair of courses. Audubon would be good now, since it hasn't rained in awhile. Both courses are long and demanding.

And y'all quit dissing BB Owen. It is what it is, and it has a very dedicated club that is working on getting other courses planted in the city of Dallas.

Hey, I said BB Owen has a rep as easy, not that I thought it was easy for me. It's still a far off goal of mine to score par there.

AS for Rockwall and Audubon, I think it's no coincidence that an A tournament called the 4th Titledisc Open scheduled for next month is playing rounds at both of those courses.

Can anyone confirm that the Doubles on Saturdays at 11am moved to Audubon?

Hey, I said BB Owen has a rep as easy, not that I thought it was easy for me. It's still a far off goal of mine to score par there.

AS for Rockwall and Audubon, I think it's no coincidence that an A tournament called the 4th Titledisc Open scheduled for next month is playing rounds at both of those courses.

Can anyone confirm that the Doubles on Saturdays at 11am moved to Audubon?

There is a posting on the bullitan board near hole one at audubon, Says Singles at audubon saturday, paschall sunday, and Doubles at paschall on wednesdays(not sure of the time).

OK, I saw that PoC had doubles at Paschall at 5pm yesterday, so that must be the time. Maybe they will move it back when it starts being light out until 9 or 10 at night, because 5pm is too early for those of us with jobs and stuff.

I'll prolly go to Audubon this Saturday because I want to play it before the tournament next month.

I played Audubon today with my spouse. As we were leaving, some guys showed up to start playing there and said that they had just played in the Paschall flip doubles.

So the flip doubles are still happening at Paschall on Saturdays at 11am, even though they aren't putting them on the calendar anymore for some reason. Also, they said the sign at Audubon that said mini on Saturdays is their mini. It's a different group than Plastic on Chains. So I guess they play in the afternoon there on Saturdays, after the doubles at Paschall are over. Seems like it was about 2:30pm.

We are probably going to the PoC singles mini tomorrow at Paschall at 11am.

Well, I'm confused. As of tonight, the calendar says no mini today, no mini tomorrow, mini at Audubon next Saturday at 11am.

Will someone pleas edirect me to a mini tomorrow (Sunday) in DFW?