• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] DD BioFuzion Trespass, Escape, Fugitive review

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
175g BioFuzion Fugitive
jfatt1.jpg

Appearance/Feel: Very much like the newest runs of Latitude Gold Line, I imagine also the same as their new recycled line. Looks slick but is very grippy. I would say a little higher quality than star and ecostar. I like the colors the Fugitive comes in with this line of plastic. I got the orange a buddy got one in a green/blue that is really nice in the sun.

Throwing: Every bit as stable as my Lucid Fugitive. It had the same glide and even grippier. It's going in the bag and replacing the first fun lucid fugitive. I might drop the Z comet from my bag now that the lucid one is turning on a nice anny for me now. I love this mold and am eagerly waiting for these in the baseline Classic plastic. Please make it happen DD!

Profile of BioFuzion Fugitive

mm7qrd.jpg

173g BioFuzion Escape

k06gko.jpg

Feel/Appearance: Slightly stiffer than the Fugitive, slick and glossy look with great grip. Did not care for the color choices on this line of plastic for the mold. I settled on a lighter blue/gray. Some may like them but personally I prefer bright colors and these were more drab and earth tones. Not a big deal.

Throwing: I've really enjoyed the last few weeks with my Lucid Escape so I was excited to try it in this line. I was in love after the first toss. It's slightly less high speed stable but not much. I was carving flex lines and laser straight ones back to back. Really workable. I was trying to get as many throws with this as I could while still trying to shoot low. I didn't grab for my Saint once and rarely threw my River. I just powered this down and it worked beautifully. One of those days where you just zone in with a particular disc and the confidence takes over. It's in the bag now for good. The first run stamped Lucid will go in storage.

Profile of the BioFuzion Escape

jzco6t.jpg

171g BioFuzion Trespass

217y1w.jpg

Feel/Appearance: Same as the other molds a little less stiff than the Escape. Same grip as Tournament plastic Swords. Better color selection than the Escapes. I went with the lighter red but I saw some others I liked.

Throwing: Didn't toss this one as much as the others I played Jones West so not a lot of holes you need to air one out. The few times I did throw it I didn't notice any stability difference from the Lucid plastic. Just grippier plastic. Very consistent between the two and I like that in high speed drivers. I couldn't pick up a champ destroyer and an ecostar destroyer and be as happy with consistency. Not at all. I still want to get it into a big headwind and see if it holds up.

Profile of BioFuzion Trespass

34sl9ty.jpg

Overall: This is a great plastic to save a few dollars over the other plastics. It's recycled but I have no blemishes or color inconsistencies in the three discs I picked up. I also got the luxury of hand picking but I didn't see any in the boxes that looked blemished in any way. I love the consistency you get between the two plastics they have released so far. You get different feel and wear patterns but identical or near identical flights. I'm bagging all of these and storing the first run stamped lucid ones. Cheaper to replace and they are every bit as stable as the ones I'm used to already.

Eagerly awaiting the Classic line Judge putters. Shouldn't be long for those or the Fuzion line I hope. :thmbup:

So basically, you can confirm that the new bioFuzion is pretty much like Gold line, but that the mold seem to remain just as stable (except maybe for the speed 12 driver?). Thank you for the info. The plastic seems really nice indeed.

So basically, you can confirm that the new bioFuzion is pretty much like Gold line, but that the mold seem to remain just as stable (except maybe for the speed 12 driver?). Thank you for the info. The plastic seems really nice indeed.

In all three molds the difference in stability between them and all the same molds in Lucid plastic was slight at best. I haven't thrown the recycled line from Lat to know if those are just as consistent as their regular gold line and opto but these are very very close. Perhaps a bigger arm that throws 400+ consistently will notice more but I can't. At less than $13 bucks these are what I will throw. I'll fondle the first runs at home and maybe even buy some regular Fusion ones if they get some pearly runs, but these will be the throwing line. Year round weather.

Forgot to give my opinion on the stamp.

I like it. It gives the description of the disc ,like Overstable Driver on the Trespass, also the flight numbers, and Dynamic Discs. It's informative but out of the way because it's on the arrows of the circle. It has the logo, it's clean, informative. Everything I want and nothing I don't. I guess it's just a stamp though, that's a big thing to some I guess.

Sweet indeed at 13$!!! Will these hit the shelves in great quantity?

I didn't ask that but I think I read somewhere they might only be ran annually. Or whenever Lat gets enough ground up opto and goldline plastic to run more. I would stock up on the throwers you want as soon as your budget allows. They will probably sell well. I already see a bunch of local players with them out on the courses. I'm sure they do well in KC and Texas locations too. It's a perfect partnership for me. I already loved Latitude plastic and DD is local and the friendliest people I've given my disc golf business to.

That's cool. I hope some people take notice this is great plastic for the price. I had them all out in brutal winds and I was bombing the Escape. I threw several shots off the tee in a gusting headwind and it flipped up from a steep hyzer but never flipped over. They tracked right but always finished with a fade.

I have an escape right now. I'm hoping to load up on some dd disc at future tourneys. I also hope to see some glow line soon.

A glow line of plastic would be cool. I don't think that will come anytime soon but once Lat64 gets it released I'm sure these discs will be ran in it. I just really hope they run them all in the baseline classic so we can buy them cheap and easy to beat in.

Got even more time in today with these discs. A lot more headwinds. They are holding up great stability wise. The plastic just feels great no matter the temperature outside. I used to prefer FLX from Discraft on cold or wet days but this BioFuzion is great. It doesn't get quite as hard in the cold as regular Gold Line. The real test will be this summer in the triple digit heat. If they don't get too soft on me I will be sold on this line as a year round option.

I am curious if the Judge will eventually be out in the BioFuzion. I believe they will come in the Fuzion soon and that is going to be awesome. They'll take the DyeMax process just like the goldline Pures I believe. That's what I'm dying to carry for upshots and a driving putter. A Dyemax BioFuzion or Fuzion Judge.

So basically, you can confirm that the new bioFuzion is pretty much like Gold line

false. think of biofuzion just like echo plastic from innova. so its GL scraps. Lat64 has a new recycled plastic line as well, not list on website yet though.

false. think of biofuzion just like echo plastic from innova. so its GL scraps. Lat64 has a new recycled plastic line as well, not list on website yet though.

I don't recall where I read it, but I don't think its just recycled GL. I think its a mix of recycled GL and Opto. I believe that's why most of these are flying just as stable as the opto discs so far.

Got my Trespass in the mail yesterday, but haven't gotten to throw it since it has been -20 here in MI with windchill.

But, the plastic feels very similar to Gold Line plastic with just a bit more give to it. I will post some more when I finally get to throw it. But, overall, this is an excellent cost-effective solution to us "financially strapped" golfers out there. :thmbup:

Latest posts