• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA ad in DiscGolfer mag- "Hurricane"

anarak82

Birdie Member
Sorry if this has been asked somewhere around this board, haven't seen it. But, in the newest issue of DiscGolfer magazine, DGA has an ad that says "Hurricane Season is coming".

now, I've heard rumors before that DGA would be coming out with a disc called the Hurricane, but can't find that thread anywhere (can't remember if it was on DGR, PDGA, or here).

Was wondering if this ad is actually a tease for a new disc, or just a promotional thing for DGA since all their disc names basically have storm and ocean themes.

As a former resident of New Orleans I am offended by that name and the way it mocks what my home town has suffered through.

As a former resident of New Orleans I am offended by that name and the way it mocks what my home town has suffered through.

Dear Frank,

*yawn* satirical PC Police remarks are as lame as the actual remarks...

Signed,
An actual resident of Louisiana

back on point - I saw that ad as well, and for some reason thought I had already seen that disc on a shelf somewhere. Maybe I was mistaken?

never seen or heard out of it oustide the mag well here but vicariously through the mag or y'all.

Frank you hate the carolina hockey team then right?

OK.....gay references aside, does anyone know what the hell this disc is gonna be? im guessing mega fast D driver as they are kinda missing one in their lineup, id bet a wooden nickel it will be the Nuke+ (King or whatever) mold redone in DGA plastic, Discraft has a habit of dumping their failed molds on DGA

I like my men to know how to handle a ball or two, not just be able to slap a puck.

Ahh yes, but their stick handling is legendary.

OK.....gay references aside, does anyone know what the hell this disc is gonna be?

Not a clue.

LOL, next thing you know King Cobra shrink wraps a DX Cobra to every 40oz and Climo is sponsored by Olde English.

It's like at the X-games when the motocross riders finish the best trick run and they go to the interview with ESPN and some chick in skimpy clothing hands them a 24oz Monster Energy drink...Billy Crump will be talking to Climo and Schultz and Ms. Trailer Park USA 2010 will hand them ice cold 40's.

I think he should reach for the high camo cans to match camo bag. Or is pbr the official sponsor or dg?

I do see more PBR on the course then anything else..
Even though I have seen a fair amount of people and their Hamms lately, gross