• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Hellfire-OS Fairway

It doesn't compare. Its faster and more overstable than a Z predator even. Justy nasty. I am using my gummy proline for skip upshots and thumbers only. I have a uber flat , 174g gold proline.

I was asking about SP specifically, but since you seem to know too, would Surge OS be an accurate description?

Oh sorry. I threw an sp also. The plastic is the same as all the other sp discs I have. I like the new proline blend they are using. It feels like a hybrid of sorts compared to old proline.
As for the disc itself, I have never thrown anything like it. I can tug a hurricane close to 400 consistantly and can forehand about 350 on a good day. The disc has a lip that reminds me of a surge or rogue BUT I can't really get any distance from the disc right now. A surge OS would be an understatement. I would say it has the rim feel of a speed 10-11 and the overstability of a brand new flat Z predator, at least. I don't know how it will break in but it may take a while.

The combination of this rim and the overstability is what makes it special.

Who has these on sale? I think I need one or three.

Discraft gave these away in the player pack for the DGLO this weekend. Was a last minute surprise addition to the player pack. Not very familiar with DGA plastic myself so have to check when I get home tonight.

I picked up a Gold Proline over the weekend it fits perfect in my bag, I use it for as a short forehand disc. I tired it backhand a couple of times and holy hook it will live as a forehand forever.

Discgolfcenter.com has pro line hellfires in stock as of today. 14.99 shipped. Get one! You won't regret it.

I was asking about SP specifically, but since you seem to know too, would Surge OS be an accurate description?

I actually like the Surge OS description. The rim feels much more like a Rogue than Hurricane. It's more shallow and beadless, which makes it very comfortable to flick.

I've thrown my "FAF" Proline Hellfire 20-30 times. One of my first throws was a huge BH lateral hyzer line out to about 320ft to test it's fade. It's lack of glide had it drop before it could hook all the way up, and it buried about 50ft right of where I was aiming. When I backhanded it straight, it starting cutting after 150-200ft, and went about 300ft with 100ft of fade.

It's already loosened up a little, and it holds its line a bit longer than the first few pulls did. Now it flies somewhere between a fresh SP Tsunami and a Flex Hurricane, with a bit more late fade. It's great for tight wooded hyzer routes and get out of jail utility shots like the over the shoulder flick flex shot.

I'm gonna keep messing with it to figure out ways to use it and to decide if I'll pull the trigger on a SP Hellfire.

Just bought one of these today and after an hour of field work against my Firebird, Predator and Banshee, I have finally found the woods flex shot/utility disc I've been looking for.

They feel damn good in the hand too!

I don't throw any of the discs that the Hellfire has been compared to in this thread. Can anyone compare this to a Motion or a Rask? Those are my meathooks

I won one in the ATDG giveaway and it's got an interesting feel and flight.

The wing isn't as flush with the flight plate as most of its over stable brethren, but the top of the rim is actually higher than the flight plate which almost puddles a little. This probably makes it glide much less.

On a full power FH throw I got a tiny suggestion of turn from it, and when it runs out of gas it dumps hard.

There is no gentle fade here or even a hooking fade like a Firebird, it's like it suddenly sees the ground and wants to punish it.

If you want a more OS Predator that's what this feels like. For my FH grip it feels a little deep but it gets some fun lines.

I could see this working great a a ultity disc.

100% pure, PDGA approved beef.