• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Hellfire-OS Fairway

SPs are so money. They look, feel, and fly so nice.

Sorry to rub it in yalls faces.

My ebay Ledgestone SP Hellfire came yesterday, so I took it out for a test flight. It's more OS than my Proline, but not by much. It basically flew like the Proline when it was new, but it was quicker to flex when I powered it way down.

I only threw it maybe 20 times, so I'll have to mess with it a little more to really know what it's about, but these Hellfire are pretty fun to have for those crazy hyzer lines and flex routes.

I got one in my players pack this weekend for the SE Amateur Championships in Orlando. It looks and feels amazing, with a nice FAF flight plate. I dunno if I'll throw it or not, I don't think I need it for anything, and I might rather sell it as 10/10. But its a tasty looking and feeling disc fo sho.

So, pulled an AM move. I got a Hellfire halfway through a tournament this weekend. I was playing horribly already (I guess that happens when you aren't great and take time off =/). Anyways, new disc -> immediately in the bag. I was throwing an H1. While not the same, it covered similar lines and was more what I was looking for. I was worried that it would be *too* overstable. The feel was great, the flight was as meathooky as expected. Overall, pretty impressed honestly. I'd say it was about a 10 speed disc, but the flatness really made it comfy. Now, if only DGA would run the Protos as a separate disc.....

So, pulled an AM move. I got a Hellfire halfway through a tournament this weekend. I was playing horribly already (I guess that happens when you aren't great and take time off =/). Anyways, new disc -> immediately in the bag. I was throwing an H1. While not the same, it covered similar lines and was more what I was looking for. I was worried that it would be *too* overstable. The feel was great, the flight was as meathooky as expected. Overall, pretty impressed honestly. I'd say it was about a 10 speed disc, but the flatness really made it comfy. Now, if only DGA would run the Protos as a separate disc.....

Mosel?

Glad you like it.

I don't even want SPs, though I thought I might...the proline plastic is perfect! This disc is just perfect for a lot of my forehands and some backhands and I am so happy they released it! Being DGA this disc will never get the attention it deserves, but I will always sing it's praises!

According to DGC the glide is "1". :)

Bump

So, seeing Matt Bell is throwing DGA now, and not knowing anything of theirs other than the Squall and the Undertow, I was looking at DGC at their molds and saw this very thing. 1 glide is pretty amazing, considering a brick would probably rate 0-1 as well.

Perhaps DGA is gonna get more looks from people, Discraft trickle down effect.

I'd say it's more like a 2 or 3, it is sort of like a slower Stiletto. it fades hard, but if you get it up to speed there is SOME glide.

Ive been loving my proline hellfire for my firebird slot. Goes a tick faster, and is super reliable and comfy in the hand. I even tried out the Z raptor but it feels weird in my hands.

Great for power flex sidearms, and any overhand shot / FH roller. Just wish they regularly made them in SP and special blend now...

Local shop has had a Hellfire on the rack for awhile. I measured the rim once, and it's been awhile ago now, but I'm 95% sure that the rim width measured the same as the Machete I had/have, and the wing shape looked the same to me as well.

Anyone thrown both and see any actual differences?

If they're not the same mold, you'd need calipers to differentiate a Hellfire from a Machete. The PL Hellfire is a fantastic disc. Very OS to start with, and loses some HSS as it ages. I leaned on one for a couple of years as a trusted FH disc. The SPs are borderline unusably OS, for me, though I max out @ 360 or so FH.
My issue was that I never threw the Hellfire BH, and the Tsunami never got thrown FH, they were both too good at their niches. Behold the Raptor, and I made the switch for versatilities sake.

Local shop has had a Hellfire on the rack for awhile. I measured the rim once, and it's been awhile ago now, but I'm 95% sure that the rim width measured the same as the Machete I had/have, and the wing shape looked the same to me as well.

Anyone thrown both and see any actual differences?

The rims are similar widths although the machetes is deeper and has more sharp curl on the rim. the machete is a bit faster and more OS than a hellfire. Especially the Z-FLX I have. It's more OS than my nuke OS or flicks I've tried.

The Ledgestone Flex Hellfire I got is Flex Pipeline flexy with an almost pop top dome. I checked OTBs stock and it looks like most are domey. I only had a well seasoned Proline to compare it to, but it's plenty beefy out of the box. I'll do some more comparisons with a fresh Proline Hellfire.

How are the Glow Hellfires flying?

How would the predator and hellfire (or machete) compare? Haven't thrown either, been a predator guy for many years. Right now I'm only carrying 1, a new Z pred. Just interested if the hellfire could space the gap between undertaker and overstable hurricane (or force)