• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA's new disc, the Torrent.

My tabletop flat ProLine just meathooks. Having a hard time justifying a slot in the bag for it, and there a lot of slots in this bag.

Kind of a bummer there. The Torrent I throw has some dome to it and isn't a meathook at all. Among the longest discs I've thrown.

So I went in the bins and pulled out one of my more domey First Flight Torrents and put the Flat one up. Took it out to the football field and threw it around. It is much more Stable-US than the pink Flat version. It immediately wanted to flip on FH shots where I really tried to keep a low line release.

But LHBH this is the disc I have been craving. It has quite a bit of Turn back Left and then has a nice fade finish. I was consistently getting an accurate 290+. When I turned it over on one of my FH flings I hit the fence behind the track (400+) on a roller. Not gonna try that on the course too often but I know it is there if opportunity knocks.

Gonna keep this one in the bag and probably eliminate heavy Nukes from any BH duties. I still intend to have a couple of Max weights for FH duties and a Z-Lite for specific BH situatiins.

Those flat ones are different animals for sure. Very very overstable. Very.

Very.

I have a flat Torrent now. I'll have to see how it flies if the damn weather here ever improves.

I like my domey Torrent better than the Nuke though. It's slightly faster and less stable. Consistent 400'+ backhand rips.

I have a super flat sp torrent that I threw for the first time today, it's really overstable, I may have a use for it on forehand drives, but not what I was expecting.

Truthfully even as a FH driver I lost significant distance with the flat top Torrent compared to various Nukes and Forces. I took it out 3-4 times to field throw as well as used it on a couple of shots on courses and was just frustrated.

Looking to get the domey 1st Flight on the course tomorrow.

Truthfully even as a FH driver I lost significant distance with the flat top Torrent compared to various Nukes and Forces. I took it out 3-4 times to field throw as well as used it on a couple of shots on courses and was just frustrated.

Looking to get the domey 1st Flight on the course tomorrow.

Bummer. The domey Torrents are just outstanding with tons of glide and speed. I still haven't thrown my flat one yet. This week should be nice enough to though.

I have a new 167-169 gold Proline. It is very flat. Anybody have experience with these? I don't really need another distance driver, do the golds have any value?

I haven't tossed any goldies yet...I imagine they're decently stable though. I'm sure I'll get a chance this year.

Threw my flat Torrent yesterday. Yep, thing's overstable and not very glidy. Not a hopeless disc, but I like the domey Torrents way better. The lack of glide really cut a lot of distance.

I've got a stack of the First Flights. They molded up very consistently with a nice dome. All 9 are nicely domed. I don't think you can go wrong with a First Flight.

My pink production run is a flat meat hook as is my blue SP Torrent. I bought an orange SP 170g with a moderate dome which is pretty decent. It turns a bit but has a harder fade than the Prolines.

I've got a stack of the First Flights. They molded up very consistently with a nice dome. All 9 are nicely domed. I don't think you can go wrong with a First Flight.

My pink production run is a flat meat hook as is my blue SP Torrent. I bought an orange SP 170g with a moderate dome which is pretty decent. It turns a bit but has a harder fade than the Prolines.

I definitely don't favor flat drivers. All the drivers (other than the Flick) in my bag are domey. Flat drivers don't glide enough and tend to have too much late fade. They lose a lot of distance. I do have 2 First run Torrents and they're perfect. Domey.

I just picked up a board flat torrent affectionately named the dinner plate a week or so ago and its an absolute meat hook. With that being said I love the disc not for what I got it for but it is my new utility disc if I throw it low with my flick it will skip and skip and skip. It is probably my favorite thumber disc and I can throw low anhyzers that will stable up quickly and get me out of trouble when I need a disc to go right and I cant get a gap on the right.

just picked up a couple sp torrents they are board flat and a little gummy. they over stable with a hard hook up when they slow down. works great for fh rollers

I definitely don't favor flat drivers. All the drivers (other than the Flick) in my bag are domey. Flat drivers don't glide enough and tend to have too much late fade. They lose a lot of distance. I do have 2 First run Torrents and they're perfect. Domey.

I prefer a more flat toped disc for drivers, domey discs tend to be more beefy for me exception is the XL that can be mid domed in Elite Z and I can't do the lower throwing style for me with High dome discs, XL I can't do the low throw anyhow so... My Star Sharks can be higher domed as I use them as max weight short midrange to approach disc. Stingray DX is one that is usually mid domed and then I want my Impact's flat topped/board flat as the flight is straighter with a flat topped/board flat disc. Also Impact's get straighter once they break in a bit.

Latest posts