• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2010

Got my 9th ace yesterday at Mad River Beach here in Arcata. Hole 7 with my Champ San Marino Roc that I aced with up at Ammon Ranch last year. It was my second ace this year. :D

I got my only ace in june on hole 2 of my local course. Hole is about 220 feet and you throw from the top of a little hill through a small tree tunnel. Its hard to get all the way to the basket because you almost have to throw it at a downward angle just to not hit overhanging trees which hang about 6 feet from the ground but from atop the little hill you really only have a 3 foot verticle window. Alot of my friends started tomahawking this one just to make it past the trees. Well in may of this year, i found a star boss in a tree and it was working out really good on this specific hole, because i could throw a low bullet all the way to the basket and if i went a little too low, it would just bounce of the grass and not turn out too bad. This day i threw it a little too high and it hit the ground maybe 10 feet from the basket going really fast still and it was destined to go 40 feet past the basket off the skip except it skipped right into the chains. Was the only guy i know of to ace that hole until a few weeks ago when someone i know supposely made the exact same shot.

I just got my 8th ace about 2 hours ago... I threw my Star Roc on hole #6 at Cat Hollow in Texas... Clipped off a tree on the right side and faded into the chains

My first and only ace was hole no. 6 in July 2010 at David Imbrock Memorial Disc Golf Course in Kendallville, IN. (Star Monster, huge hyzer shot) Wonder if anyone else has ever hit an ace at that course (just opened in 2010).

I still don't understand why people "retire" their disc when they get an ace.
Obviously it was doing something right

I retired my first Ace disc for two reasons:

1. I have a wall with discs that have done great things for me. I have one that was a trophy from my first tournament win, the disc that won the tournament with a 60ft birdie shot. A disc that I bought at my first tournament, and my first Ace disc.

2. My first Ace disc is starting to become flippy, so I decided to hang it on the wall. I got the Ace back in the first of November, so I still used it for a while, but I also didn't want to loose my first Ace disc, so its on my wall of honor. The next Ace I get, that disc will stay in the bag.

My first and only ace was hole no. 6 in July 2010 at David Imbrock Memorial Disc Golf Course in Kendallville, IN. (Star Monster, huge hyzer shot) Wonder if anyone else has ever hit an ace at that course (just opened in 2010).

My first Ace was this year also, November 9th, on a huge hyzer line also, on a blind hole. I didn't see it go in, but I did hear the chains. I didn't want to believe it was an ace, till I walked over and saw it in the basket.

Thought I wasn't going to be able to post in this thread, but with a week left in the year, I finally connected at the home course after 7 1/2 frigging years and God only knows how many thousands of rounds.

Carey Park #16 - 198 feet. Elite X Buzzz (just like the other two). LHBH hyzer. My 3rd ace overall.

Thought I wasn't going to be able to post in this thread, but with a week left in the year, I finally connected at the home course after 7 1/2 frigging years and God only knows how many thousands of rounds.

Carey Park #16 - 198 feet. Elite X Buzzz (just like the other two). LHBH hyzer. My 3rd ace overall.

Congrats Scarp!:hfive:

My friend does not have an account but he hit his first ace last week at Shawnee Mission Park hole 5 200' with an xd

XD! hell yeah!

got my first cubby ace today. hole 10 at circle c slaughter creek, 260' with a Z buzzz. it was my second throw. my family couldn't understand why i wasn't going to count it, especially since they were already playing with mulligans.

still waiting for my first legit ace...

My dad got his first ace at 173 feet with his champion valkyre but unfortunitly lost it to dense woods

I was a foot off from getting an ace today at Jericho Lake in Oswego Illinois. Threw my champion wraith and nicked the chains =/ 290 ft hole trees to the left and some the the right. going out 2morrow hopefully gonna try and get my first ace of the ever in 2011

I'm gonna squeeze in a quick round or two between work and my plans for the night. I just want one more ace for the year. Too bad it's one of the coldest days I've ever experienced here in my part of AZ. It was 32 when I woke up. Right around 70 for Xmas too...

I'm gonna squeeze in a quick round or two between work and my plans for the night. I just want one more ace for the year. Too bad it's one of the coldest days I've ever experienced here in my part of AZ. It was 32 when I woke up. Right around 70 for Xmas too...

haha i wouldn't complain =P up here its been in the 10'2 and 20's and my group and i still go out and disc golf haha