• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2023

I got one Friday night during league but got sidetracked and didn't get a chance to post it. Hole 7 at Plattsburgh DiscGolfPark (I just added the course and will add pics when I get out there again). Its a 220'-240' hole that has a nice straight inside line to the basket (which I've drawn metal on before with a Crystal Fierce) and a wider outside line where it has to fade a bit, with a creek all along the left side. The basket was lit up in the sun like a movie and one of the cardmates (the only one who has seen me ace before) said that it looks perfect for someone to hit it. I need off last of the 5 of us and threw my OTB R2 Glitch on a nice hyzer line the whole way and called it about 40' out. I then proceeded to take a 5 on a fairly straightforward 3 this negating the -2 from the ace.

Rung up ace #8 today on Hole 6 at The Fort in O'Fallon, MO. I've been playing a little over a year, and haven't had one since last October. This is my third ace on this hole, and second from the Blue tees. Each ace on this hole has been to the long (B) position with a different disc. Today's lucky disc was an Elaine King Eclipse 2.0 Reactor. Smooth hyzer around the treeline and into the heart.

I also have two aces on the same hole at another local course. Maybe I should play there tomorrow...

Attachments

• 20230601_134000.jpg
    20230601_134000.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 11
I hit a practice ace this weekend. Doesn't officially count, since it was like my 5th shot off the tee and the hole was only about 160'. Still cool though. The hole plays as an artificial island on a desert course with a really narrow fairway and Palo Verdes and Mesquites blocking both sides. Went up and over with a pretty steep hyzer forehand with a Proton Deflector. Barely hit the chains and thunked down into the tray.

played a course near cocoa beach florida. there was a perfect hole for a black ace so I went for it. Nailed it! lol. :D

2099 miles from home last Tuesday.
3rd ace of the year and my first ever in another country.
Burnaby Park, BC
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20230606_145931.jpg
    20230606_145931.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 190
Hit 3 glow tiki aces Saturday at Creeping Creek with the Berg! Also hit another one warming up. :D
Pint 2 to the bullseye basket
Pint 17 over the pond
Tall Boy 18 to end the night!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 10.34.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 10.34.28 PM.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 164
Got my second official ace of the year on Monday. I also had a practice Ace that I don't really count because it was like the 5th shot off the tee on a 150' island hole.

This one was a stock forehand on just a touch of hyzer. 253' fee around a tree sitting inline with and about 40' in front of the basket. Neutron Axiom Pyro. All of my aces (including the practice ace) have now been with Gyro. Pyro, Deflector, Terra, Volt.

Spent the past week throwing unfamiliar, overstable discs at elevation (4500-9000 feet), and in dry, desert to mountain air, while visiting our grandkids in New Mexico, and was getting frustrated how hard it was to muster my usual mediocre distances. Felt like I had to press a bit, else lose 40-50' on every tee shot.

Glad to get home to my more familiar discs and thicker air when my first throw back home in the Ohio river valley simply floated, Comet Anny style, right into the 185' first basket at my local pitch and putt! :)

Got my first ace of the new Tall Boy course on Sat, hole 2 with a FH glow Kaxe!
Also got a BH glow Berg ace on Pint Size course hole 5 Wed night glow.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8714.jpg
    IMG_8714.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 113
Got Ace #16 last night. First ace at my home course, however, which is also the first course I played way back in 2008.

Southern Adventist University, Collegedale, Tenn., Hole #9, 245 feet, with an Avenger SS.

Attachments

• Ace 16.jpg
    Ace 16.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 12
I finally got one on the board for 2023!

Sunday evening at Diamond X, I hit hole 9 Red with a Star Destroyer. (Short but very steep uphill and technical.) I took the high left gap with a forehand and the stall/fade did the rest of the work for me.

Had an ace drought of over a year … and then I get two in four days! 😮

Ace #17 on Hole #17 at The Sinks, Chattanooga, Tenn., 216 feet, with a Teebird

Attachments

• 4C0DF7FD-B578-4271-9DF4-6754380FA8BC.jpeg
    4C0DF7FD-B578-4271-9DF4-6754380FA8BC.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Well I guess 7 is my lucky number since I hit another ace Wednesday night at league on the same hole 7 that I aced with a Glitch earlier this year. This time around it was my misprint Big Z Luna that did the honors. One of my cardmates from the prior ace was on the card and had been on my card when I aced #7 at a different course in the area. I may have said afterwards that he should break out the marker again. Oddly enough in both cases I was last on the box and was having a rough round. Even more odd is that my first ace was 8 years and 1 day prior to the ace Tuesday, and that there's been 3 league aces that I know of this year and all of them have been on that hole.

Attachments

• IMG_20230802_193646_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230802_193646_hdr.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230607_191341~2.jpg
    IMG_20230607_191341~2.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts