• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR RoadMap for Feb 2024

greens

Administrator
Staff member
I'll start by sharing that I've been counting down the days for February to start, and after 187 long days in January, the month of love is finally here!
I'm excited, mostly because I love buying half-price Reese's on Feb 15th; I enjoy all the holiday-shaped peanut butter cups.

We didn't see everything from my list last month completed, but we made some huge strides. Is anyone looking forward to what's in store for February?
I will admit that I will take a long weekend soon to seek out some warmer weather. With the shorter month, there will be a smaller roadmap this month.
That doesn't mean the roadmap will suffer or just put filler stuff in place.

Today, 2/1, we updated to the latest forum software, which accounts for some internal fixes for the entire platform.

For the App:
  • Rolling out the sliding filters.
  • Shown filters that are in use
  • More work on the forum experience inside of the app
  • User interface work on the reviews to make it easier to distinguish, etc.

Site:
  • Looking into the Road trip feature requests/issues.
  • Achievements (carry over from last month)

You can see some of the demos here.

IMG_122C32E9C3CD-1.jpeg

As you can see here, you can filter by the number of reviews with the slider.

IMG_09DE9E9B30A8-1.jpeg

All right, that's all that is officially planned for the month. If you'd like to support my Reese addiction or just the site in general, please consider upgrading to a yearly premium DGCR membership.

Food Drink Chocolate GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

So iOS users, DGCR 2.0.12 is in app stores now.

I noticed this comes out the same day UDisc announces it's separation from the PDGA. Interesting.

Confused Its Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Listening to the feedback about updating conditions from the scorecards, and notes folks want to submit adding that in the scorecard.

IMG_1186.PNG

Also, correcting issues with submitting a round aka creating a scorecard and allowing folks to select the tees played.

IMG_1187.PNG

With scorecards, will course and personal statistics be making a comeback? That was one of my favorite features and one of the main reasons I was a premium member. I am saddened that so far, that feature is not present.

The latest app push is changing a lot of the core architecture.

Is it going to be perfect for everyone? Wouldn't that be nice? Although this is a major release, it doesn't mean we won't continue to improve it!

• You can edit scorecards and delete scorecards.
  • Add multiple players to a scorecard.
  • Current scores for all players are shown without having to leave.
  • Introduction of a Satellite view and Terrain view on the map view.
  • Filters added to Recent Reviews.
  • Selection of which tee is being played from.
  • "always on" for phone screens, with a warning about battery life.
  • Ability to submit conditions from the scorecard.
Several fixes were added around the par scoring (math is hard sometimes) and distance.

I would love for everyone to download the app and tell a friend!

I think over the next few months, my artistic side will have to come out to improve the app's overall UI.
I think the font could be more prominent, with a unique color scheme that is the same on the site and the app. An example would be blue links for anything that is an action/clickable link.

Currently, the app is being reviewed for the Apple Store and Google Play store, so if you have automatic updates, this version is numbered 2.15 (2000127). The 127th version was sent for version 2.

Just so we are clear on the feature, do you mean this:

KillerKoala777

View attachment 332916
I am referring to the bar and pie charts that you had access to as a premium member. I could see how many putts I was taking, how many holes or rounds I played per month, etc. You could view your performance relative to the course average, on a hole by hole basis. There was a chart that showed how many holes I played, grouped by par number and I think my average score relative to those pars. It's been a while so I don't remember all the charts, but I enjoyed them.

I think all of this was grouped under advanced statistics or something and I am pretty sure it was a premium member perk. But again, I don't quite remember.
But I totally get that I am in the minority of people who even care about such things, and am likely in the minority of people who even upload scorecards. So I understand that the effort to redesign that feature is likely too great for the number of people who will utilize it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I could see how many putts I was taking, how many holes or rounds I played per month, etc. You could view your performance relative to the course average, on a hole by hole basis. There was a chart that showed how many holes I played, grouped by par number and I think my average score relative to those pars. It's been a while so I don't remember all the charts, but I enjoyed them.
I especially liked how I could review my scores and stats by a customized date range. I tended to compare my stats from year to year.

I also liked to be able to quickly look at customized stats for say, the last 10 rounds at a local course. I can still do some of that but it's not as easy.

We're the disc golf nerds. :)

KillerKoala777

View attachment 332916
That's part of it. But there was a lot more.

Plus, I can't see my aces with a click. And the Average Putts per Hole has always been incorrect for me. Seriously, I don't mind and don't utilize this info. But if I actually averaged 1.87 putts per hole, I'd quit disc golf. :)

Not sure I follow. It seems like it's working and seeing activity. Are you expecting something else?

The latest app push is changing a lot of the core architecture.

Is it going to be perfect for everyone? Wouldn't that be nice? Although this is a major release, it doesn't mean we won't continue to improve it!

• You can edit scorecards and delete scorecards.
  • Add multiple players to a scorecard.
  • Current scores for all players are shown without having to leave.
  • Introduction of a Satellite view and Terrain view on the map view.
  • Filters added to Recent Reviews.
  • Selection of which tee is being played from.
  • "always on" for phone screens, with a warning about battery life.
  • Ability to submit conditions from the scorecard.
Several fixes were added around the par scoring (math is hard sometimes) and distance.

I would love for everyone to download the app and tell a friend!

I think over the next few months, my artistic side will have to come out to improve the app's overall UI.
I think the font could be more prominent, with a unique color scheme that is the same on the site and the app. An example would be blue links for anything that is an action/clickable link.

Currently, the app is being reviewed for the Apple Store and Google Play store, so if you have automatic updates, this version is numbered 2.15 (2000127). The 127th version was sent for version 2.
This sounds excellent! Now it just needs to stop snowing so I can go out and try it again. 😁

Not sure I follow. It seems like it's working and seeing activity. Are you expecting something else?
yes, I am.

I expect to see more than five threads with posts from 2024, because I know for a fact there's been more posts in the disc subforum this year.

I also don't expect to see this when I click my bookmark:

20240215-130238.jpg

I also don't expect a bunch of zero reply threads posted by a bot half a year ago filling up the front page of that section.

Somethings up. This is not how it normally looks. I know for a fact the MVP Disc Sports thread had replies in it from 2024 and it's no where on the front page, while those zero reply threads from november take up half the front page.

ok to test things out I searched my history for the MVP thread in discs and posted a reply. then checked the disc subforum again:

20240215-131241.jpg

The forum page isn't updating correctly.

it also doesn't show up when I click the new posts link at the top of the page. Nor does my ITB thread show up that I just replied to.

I also don't expect to see this when I click my bookmark:
Update your bookmark, please. or provide it to me, and I'll be sure to forward you to the right page.
Discs. I see your post and a fair bit of activity posted there.

Disc discussions - much like the courses, each disc needed a thread. So it was created.

In the future please start a new thread, so things aren't missed, this is for the roadmap.

KillerKoala777

View attachment 332916
Prior to the update, it was a Premium Member Perk whether your using Overall Stats or in KillerKoala Sportsplex course to click on any hole score or round icon, and you were given a breakdown by date, time, for every round played or every birdie "example" made per course under Overall Stats or per Hole under the Sportsplex. When you click on the icons since the update, you get "course throws coming soon".

The feature was a favorite of mine, checked after each round such as my home course Munden Point with now 530 rounds played, it would be nice to see those stats again. I also know there were several members who used the feature, and who knows how many others.

There was also a pie chart and bar graft, another Premium Member Perk that showed a month by month progress that also included putting progress transfer from scorecards. There were other features as well, but I don't remember what those were, since I only peaked at the charts and grafts once every few months.

The feature also doesn't work in the app.

Are these Premium Member Perks returning?

Last edited: