• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Secret Santa Christmas 2012

This guy is heading an area that had light snow today...

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 55
Links Broken :(

So it appears that the pics I embedded had broken links, so here I am gonna try and get them posted properly now.

The package:
704340_437619012954535_2075187008_o.jpg

The discs:
706302_437618932954543_1741204090_o.jpg

The swag:
705983_437618836287886_1743123672_o.jpg

Here is what I received in my first SS package:

Discs:
Gold Line Lat 64 XXX
Sweet supercolor Buzzz for my collection
Fly-dyed Z Force
Gateway Superglow Sabre
Innova DX Eagle

Swag:
Vibram Mini
Insulated work gloves
Candy (OM NOM NOM)
A scarf (appears to be hand-made & is VERY VERY warm!)
Innova Microfiber towel
Two sets of birdie beads
Re-usable scorecard
2 permanent markers
Handwarmers
UV bracelet
Stickers
And a cup that instructs me to "Have a Coke and a smile"

This is an awesome SS package!!! I can't wait to go out and give these discs a try! I had been needing an overstable driver that is longer than my Ascent in my bag and I wanted to try more discs that I have not thrown, so I can't think of any way that he could have hit on the discs better. Also, I got some way sweet swag that should help keep me warm while I'm playing in a blizzard in SoDak here in about a month.

Thanks, Santa!!! Apparently I have been a "good" boy this year!

Last edited:
Priority Mail®
Out for Delivery
December 06, 2012, 9:28 am

Hmmmmm... I wonder if that's what showed up on my doorstep this morning. :D

I took a video of me unboxing it as well, but the internet is down at my house and I'm having to do this at a coffee shop around the corner.

Here's the box as it showed up.
47323_4000441091558_559054521_n.jpg

6973_4000441251562_2099874945_n.jpg

And here is the contents. Complete with swag.

47323_4000440771550_1625868475_n.jpg

Inside there was:
Opto line River - Never thrown one before, I'm realy excited to try it out.
Blizzard Wraith - again haven't thrown one before, stoked to give it a try.
Super Color Buzz - Really cool print went straight on my wall
Cryztal Z Challenger - My go to putter. Allways helps to have another one.

There was also a mini, paracord braclets, a pen light, a reuseable scorecard w/ pencil, foot warmers, tosty toes, a disc golf magnet, neck coolers, and 9 next tee stickers.

Very cool package SS. I salute you.:hfive:

I'm excited to see what my SS recipient thinks of my package. Got it all put together today, was going to throw a copy of the Innova Calendar that had a pic of mine in it, but Innova didn't get them to me soon enough. O well, I think it's still a prety sweet box. I wish I could have gotten it in the mail today, but I ran out of time. I hope it won't hurt the box to throw it in the fridge over night. ;)

P.S. Does anyone know if they get mad if one of the flat rate boxes is bulging a little?

Last edited:
Here is the unboxing video :)
Embedding did not work here is a link
Unboxing video

A photograph of everything.
IMG_2790.jpg

Discs:
First Run Z Nuke
Discraft Prototype OS Nuke? Feels awesome!!
Z Tracker
Orion LS

Swag:
"Insane for the Chains" Shirt
Flexfit Hat wore this today
Paragon banner
Skyline and paragon stickers
Toe Warmers
3 minis Awesome fire basket on the discraft mini
and disc lights

I know without a doubt the Z Nuke and tracker will be going in my bag. The LS feels absolutely awesome. And I cannot wait to throw the prototype. I have already started wearing the hat :)

CoachQ: This Secret Santa package was outstanding. Thank you very very much :)

Hmmmmm... I wonder if that's what showed up on my doorstep this morning. :D

I took a video of me unboxing it as well, but the internet is down at my house and I'm having to do this at a coffee shop around the corner.

Here's the box as it showed up.
47323_4000441091558_559054521_n.jpg

6973_4000441251562_2099874945_n.jpg

And here is the contents. Complete with swag.

47323_4000440771550_1625868475_n.jpg

Inside there was:
Opto line River - Never thrown one before, I'm realy excited to try it out.
Blizzard Wraith - again haven't thrown one before, stoked to give it a try.
Super Color Buzz - Really cool print went straight on my wall
Cryztal Z Challenger - My go to putter. Allways helps to have another one.

There was also a mini, paracord braclets, a pen light, a reuseable scorecard w/ pencil, foot warmers, tosty toes, a disc golf magnet, neck coolers, and 9 next tee stickers.

Very cool package SS. I salute you.:hfive:

I'm glad your happy with it! I saw you the the challenger, so I put mine in that I tried. The next tee stickers, I'd made for some one...and I had a lot of orange vinyl left over...I use them on hard to navigate courses, the pole or band are good spots for them.

You are off by a day, tomorrow is the 7th
Participation Rules
1) Post what you dislike, what you throw and what you might want to try out. Also include your shirt and hat size. (this is just for ideas you probably won't get most of what you list.) No posting your dream list, be realistic.
2) Post pictures of your package when it arrives.
3) Delivery confirmation is mandatory!!! (you will email these to bcr123psu @ [email protected])
4) Minimum value of your gift must be $15 MSRP (including at least one new premium plastic disc or slightly used OOP) Used disc prices will be evaluated by a trusted source. Price will be determined by Marshall Street's prices.
5) Packages MUST be mailed no later than December 8, 2012
6) Complaining about the quality of your package is prohibited. Doing so will result in your banning from future Secret Santa's. (If you have a question about the value PM me before posting)

CoachQ: This Secret Santa package was outstanding. Thank you very very much :)

Glad you like it all. Enjoy! The video alone made it worth sending. Actually made me wish I would have sent more. The discraft proto...I cannot verify the following story, but this is what I heard: I believe the disc came about after the Nuke as an attempt at an overstable Nuke. I had heard they were thinking of calling it a King. It did not go into production and is not PDGA approved. It makes it more of a collector than anything. Either way, hope you like the package.

Merry Christmas!

I'm excited to see what my SS recipient thinks of my package. Got it all put together today, was going to throw a copy of the Innova Calendar that had a pic of mine in it, but Innova didn't get them to me soon enough. O well, I think it's still a prety sweet box. I wish I could have gotten it in the mail today, but I ran out of time. I hope it won't hurt the box to throw it in the fridge over night. ;)

P.S. Does anyone know if they get mad if one of the flat rate boxes is bulging a little?

I hope it's coming to Illinois! :p

i get bummed when my SS buys stuff on his want list at the same time I am buying it too! It's like we are bidding against each other on ebay!

Wow! The pics of SS packages are amazing. Are these the norm or exception? I am new to dgcr and this is my first SS. After seeing so many amazing pics I'm feeling like I really underdelivered. Lots of very generous members here.
a lot of people like to send more than receive and that is why there are so many generous packages

as long as you have a friendly post office you should be fine

I go to two different P.O.'s one by my work and one by my old house. The one by my old house would tell me 'They'd let it go this time but next time it won't fly' the one by my work doesn't care.

Latest posts