• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Diamond X Downsizing

TEAM Stickin' Putts at Diamond X in late August.

Played all 36 going Red-Black then White-Blue. Beautiful day of golf, if a touch hazy from the summer fires. If the X is not on your bucket list, time to change that.

Attachments

• FE64863C-AD0B-42CD-8025-DDCBFB7046F1.jpg
    FE64863C-AD0B-42CD-8025-DDCBFB7046F1.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 60C736A9-4A86-45DD-B073-2B82E0EE6FBC.jpg
    60C736A9-4A86-45DD-B073-2B82E0EE6FBC.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 84
  • 112F3D48-F369-4E7C-84D0-5918818E3F0C.jpg
    112F3D48-F369-4E7C-84D0-5918818E3F0C.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 81
Bump to update an old thread:

There is a NEW permanent 18 hole course installed at Diamond X. The Orange course plays along the east edge of the park between the train tracks and the cliffs, using and extending beyond the territory that was previously holes 2-4 of the White course.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile/course.php?id=13081

Most importantly: the local club has worked with the city parks folks, and [as I understand it] the new course design and location have been OK'ed. That is a huge step forward and hopefully a harbinger of more good things to come.

Mad props to the club -- Disc Golf Billings -- and everyone who put money and time into the new course!

There is a NEW permanent 18 hole course installed at Diamond X. The Orange course plays along the east edge of the park between the train tracks and the cliffs, using and extending beyond the territory that was previously holes 2-4 of the White course.

Most importantly: the local club has worked with the city parks folks, and [as I understand it] the new course design and location have been OK'ed. That is a huge step forward and hopefully a harbinger of more good things to come.

Mad props to the club -- Disc Golf Billings -- and everyone who put money and time into the new course!

I like how you waited until right after we drove our asses halfway across the country to add a new loop. You're clearly in cahoots with Makoshika. Monocacy was right. Can't trust them Montana guys :p

In all seriousness, The X is, without a doubt, one of the most unique disc golf experiences out there. Absolutely loved it out there. Great hosts too. Anybody who doesn't have this wishlisted needs to just do it. It's unreal. Nice review of the new loop too.

P.S. @Throwbot, if you find a purple, commy plastic River, Alyssa would like it back. ;)

Just in time for my return trip to Billings this summer! Can't wait.

Just in time for my return trip to Billings this summer! Can't wait.

Fun! Let me know if you want to throw with us degenerate locals.

There's some other new stuff around here: Emanuel Baptist Church put in a 9 hole course and it's kinda on the way to Diamond X. And Hilner Park in Lockwood is an entertaining beginner 9.

Fun! Let me know if you want to throw with us degenerate locals.

There's some other new stuff around here: Emanuel Baptist Church put in a 9 hole course and it's kinda on the way to Diamond X. And Hilner Park in Lockwood is an entertaining beginner 9.

I would love to play Diamond X with you degenerate locals again. I will arrive in Billings on Thursday afternoon and leave early Saturday. This time I will be traveling with my adult daughter. Woohoo can't wait! I will also make a post on the Facebook page.

I have fond memories of the one time I got to play the course many, many years ago. Glad to hear that there is an active club that got approval of a new layout. Now that I live a little closer than I did, I'll have to get out there again. Thank you to Brent Jacobs and whomever else is involved in this! Glad you didn't let Diamond X die completely.

I have fond memories of the one time I got to play the course many, many years ago. Glad to hear that there is an active club that got approval of a new layout. Now that I live a little closer than I did, I'll have to get out there again. Thank you to Brent Jacobs and whomever else is involved in this! Glad you didn't let Diamond X die completely.

I feel I can't take much credit…ThrowBot and I started the club and were able to leave it in sound financial shape and on good terms with the city when I moved to Bozeman and he had a couple kiddos. Beyond that, all credit to the guys that we handed it off to. So impressive to move back after 5 years and see how they've grown DG in Billings.

I'll still volunteer for course work or donate to club fundraisers but I'm more than happy, after 10ish years/3 cities worth of club work and running weeklies and TDing, to just be that "old guy" only a few of the now regulars know or recognize.

Latest posts