• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Difference in Legacy protege plastic durability between colors?

DMLara89

I was wondering if anybody experienced any differences between the feel and especially durability of protege discs in different colors. I love my whit clozer, but it is getting chewed up pretty fast from chains and baskets. I heard someone mention that different colors were more durable, and if this is true, illhave to order a new clozer in a different color.

Your findings seem to be consistent with what some others, myself have found. The white Protege plastic is the least durable of the batch.

From DGR:
JHern said:
turso said:
Yeah, suckiest plastic on market the protege, luckily they're making a new mix of it.

That's not my experience, at least with the Clutches my wife and I picked up. Grippy, tacky, almost chalky to the touch, and very rigid. It takes beatings quite well, and has remained very stable for both of us...
dgdave said:
I've only had problems with white. Red, black, and green have all been like you described

ferretdance03 said:
dgdave said:
I've only had problems with white. Red, black, and green have all been like you described
Likewise for me. My main putter is lime green and in my practice stack I have more lime greens, yellows and dark green and they are all as you described. The one white I have is softer and beating in much faster, showing more signs of wear in just the practice rotation than my main putter or the dark green I'm using off the tee.

I have a vomit/sawdust burnt orangey-brown looking Rampage, and it's RIGID. Curious to try a new blend one, but this one is weird - almost like a fake DG disc or something lol...I haven't been throwing it much in the woods at all other than a roller here and a roller there between shots just to break it in a tiny bit. Seemed fine but one time I threw a single grenade maybe 20 feet high at most and a small rock put a huge dent in the rim:|

NEW BLEND PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!