• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Difficult Woods Courses

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I just played French Creek in Pennsylvania.....what a long difficult wooded challenge with tight fairways and lengthy tight technical fairways. Of my over 100 courses played I rate Iron Hill and French Creek the most wooded and grueling I have played...thats not a bad thing! I want to know if there are any other truly long and tight ALL WOODED courses that can match these 2 for forrested intensity. Those who have played Iron Hill and French Creek know what I am referring to. Start boasting the toughest wooded courses you've played.

Well, I saw the thread title and immediately clicked on it to type, 'IRON HILL.' French creek is up there with it, and after that... I got nothing. Iron Hill is it. Its not 100% wooded, but Nockamixon comes to mind...

cedar hills lester lorch coyote course is so hard and wooded but maybe not long just tight with sharp turns

Oh, did I mention that Nevin is looooong, too. Almost 8000 feet. Hole #5 still gives me shivers.

So Opti, how's French Creek compare to the wooded sections of Paw Paw's courses and the 9 holes of Whitetail Woods? They're courses that I see that you've played that I've played too. Along with Golden Hills in Blacksburg, VA they're the most wooded/technical that I've played.

They can be a whole lot of fun when you hit the gaps... but when you don't, look out 6! :gross:

I want to know if there are any other truly long and tight ALL WOODED courses that can match these 2 for forrested intensity. Start boasting the toughest wooded courses you've played.

Shoot, just take a trip to Michigan. I'll show you wooded courses!! lol

Gateway Park, Ft Worth, TX. The densest wooding of any DFW course, plus a thick canopy, and thick shrubs on the ground. What a monster of a course. I eagled hole 12 (par5) and it made me feel like a pro. I love a barrage of trees.

I cannot imagine a much harder wooded course that Jack Mclean in Tallahassee but I am sure they are out there.

The most wooded course I've played is Blair's Witch Project DGC. The course is short, in fact it's niner within an 18 hole course. The first tee of nine holes is located between the 12 and 13 teeboxes of Badlands DGC just west of Denver. Very challenging though, most shots are blind and demand great technical tosses. Oh ya, as you throw your discs into the unseen hedgerows and tall bushes in-between the thick trees, all you can hear are the screams coming from Water World Amusement Park next door... fun, yet slightly creepy. Good job Ronnie Ross. Makes a great and diverse 27 hole course.

No Votes for Richmond Hill yet... I vote for Richmond Hill in Asheville.
DSCJNKY

I have to throw in my 2 cents worth for East Roswell Park. Trees are in play for every hole. Tough but fair. 3 tee locations- only one concrete, though.

Latest posts