• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Color - Easiest to Find

What do you think is the easiest color of disc to find on the course?

• Total voters
Kinda stands out, huh?
hollyhock-bright-pink.jpg

every few months the forum tends to repeat itself

Hunters use blaze orange for a reason (could you see them wearing pink?)...and deer season is in the fall, so it is unnatural enough to stick out in dead leaves.

Discraft's neon-pink is great, as radiation-orange by Innova. My personal favorite is the mutant, blindingly-bright, neon yellow-green Star plastic by Innova. I have a Star Destroyer and Star Firebird in this color, and the discs are so bright it almost glows in the dark.

The only problem is that many of the courses where I play currently have a carpet constructed of Poison Ivy (luckily I have no hypersensitivity to it), and even though it is super-bright, the yellow blends in perfectly; you practically need to walk over the disc to find it. Luckily I don't throw this disc in the woods; unluckily my favorite ESP Buzzz is very close to this color, and I recently had quite a few instances where its been pretty dang difficult to find. Pink, orange, and bright blue are great for woods with a dense underbrush though.

Pink and orange are the main colors in my bag, and when I am in the market for a disc they are the colors I look for most. Orange sucks for about a week in the fall when all the leaves are fresh on the ground, but pink is great anytime.

I chose blue, but blue and bring pink are both great colors. That salmon colored pink that some DX comes in is not easy to find though. And neither is dark blue.

Interesting that pink is the easiest to find on the course but maybe one of the most difficult to find in the stores. Hmmmmmm

And to the other guy about forum repeating itself...I figured this had been asked before but I couldn't find it. New to the forum...

White generally has the most contrast from surroundings, on grass, in fall leaves, deep woods, etc. Especially good under water, and in twilight.

Not so good when they get old and dirty, or on courses with litter.

Probably pretty poor in snow.

Probably, huh? :)

Due to my tight work schedules, I always seem to be racing the setting sun to hole 24, and in fading light, go with white.

I went with orange, but i've never had a pink one, so i can't say much there.

On the other hand...white is the hardest thing to find down here because of all the sand. :/

My home course has dark brown to light brown colors, so blue stands out like a sore thumb out there.

For me, bright orange is the easiest to find, but blue is by far my favorite color of discs, so i wanted to vote for that (No worries, i dident!)