• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Bar Mitzvah

12StonesScott

Eagle Member
My son's bar mitzvah was this weekend, and he wanted to do a disc golf theme for one of the parties. So we borrowed mini baskets from a number of other folks in the Atlanta area to use as centerpieces for the tables, had a hundred mini discs stamped with a custom design and threw a handful in each basket, used a ScorePointe with custom-printed cards for table assignments, etc. Was definitely unique, and we even converted an older relative into a disc golfer -- he was so interested that we went straight from the luncheon to the course across the street from our house and played 18 holes before the evening party. And while we were at the evening party, we had to get out a laptop and check DGCR so he could find the nearest course to his home for when he gets back.

A few pix:

4569616075_54e864c6fd_b.jpg

4569627077_723eed13fc_b.jpg

picture.php

Creative.... I wonder if my girlfriend would be down for Mini's on the tables at our wedding reception (if i ever propose). Soooo much better than dancing!

That's great! I'm even tempted to ask if you have any mini's left over! :thmbup:

I think we have a few more than I'd expected left. I want to make sure I get some to to everyone who helped us out by loaning us baskets, the ScorePointe, etc. But we might have some left after that.

That is awesome and a cool way to remember it by having it on a mini. Every time you mark your spot you remember that event.

Think my fiance would be good with it for our wedding but god knows if we will ever actually get married. Been engaged 10 years.

Think my fiance would be good with it for our wedding but god knows if we will ever actually get married. Been engaged 10 years.

One of the DGA baskets was loaned to us by a guy who used his as a decoration on the table for the groom's cake at his wedding; evidence that there are women out there who are cool with something like that. Since he works for a company that does trophies, he made a round metallic number plate for the top that had a graphic of a knot being tied, similar to the self-adhesive plates used for names/position of finish on trophies. When he loaned us his basket, he also gave us two round number plates like the one he did for his wedding, with the "bar mitzvah" graphic shown in the first picture. Very generous -- above and beyond.

Even my notoriously difficult-to-please mother-in-law admitted after the fact that the whole thing worked very well -- she was extremely skeptical before the event and kept trying to talk us out of it, or at least get us to "put some flowers or something in the baskets".

I hear you on the long engagement. It took me three months to convince my wife to go out with me, and then we dated for 6 and half years before getting engaged, then were engaged for over a year before the wedding. But we've now been together for 22 years in all and married for nearly 14 years. Sometimes it's worth the wait -- although I have to admit that when my third kid was born when I was just shy of 40 years old, and I realized I'd be 63 by the time she graduated from college, I sort of regretted not starting sooner.

-- although I have to admit that when my third kid was born when I was just shy of 40 years old, and I realized I'd be 63 by the time she graduated from college, I sort of regretted not starting sooner.

Oh, we already started in that department. My son, the youngest from both of us, will graduate when I am 41. We were actually just talking yesterday about how quick the kids are growing up and how soon it will be that we dont have to worry about a babysitter. Yeah, had a kid pretty young but it will be nice that when my days of freedom are here, I will be way more secure and financially stable than I was at 20 something.

Latest posts