• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the news ... sorta

You know, my little par 3 9 hole I escape to on lunch breaks is very close to the local high school. They occasionally send out crowds of 20-30 kids each armed with a disc. My previous reaction wAs to get annoyed and leave because they would break into foursomes and plop themselves around a previously empty course. I don't have time on my lunch break to wait.

The last few times though I have chosen to be an ambassador and play a few holes with any kids who are willing, and it has been fun. Like anything, some of the kids are dead serious and are into it, and it is fun to play a few holes with them.

Glad to see the new wave of players.:eek:

Additionally, it's easy for people to take part in. "It's inexpensive and local."

At least that's how it starts out. It is no longer inexpensive, and very often, not local. Stupid addiction.

Additionally, it's easy for people to take part in. "It's inexpensive and local."

At least that's how it starts out. It is no longer inexpensive, and very often, not local. Stupid addiction.

How is it not inexpensive and local anymore. Please elaborate.

How is it not inexpensive and local anymore. Please elaborate.

I'm picking up a Grip A Series today and have spent probably $100 in the last month on plastic.

Not cheap. :doh:

As for not being local. I will travel all over the place to knock off courses on my list.

Of course, it CAN be cheap and CAN be local, but like coupe said, once the addiction hits... :gross:

I'm picking up a Grip A Series today and have spent probably $100 in the last month on plastic.

Not cheap. :doh:

As for not being local. I will travel all over the place to knock off courses on my list.

Of course, it CAN be cheap and CAN be local, but like coupe said, once the addiction hits... :gross:

Don't you already have a Grip bag?

I think its great your local school is promoting the club... My sons school has an unofficial Ultimate group that he plays with every Friday..

My son thinks Ultimate is great.. and DG is for us old folks, he'll occasionally join me for a round, he starts out enjoying it then gets tired of it quickly.. he hasn't played enough to get past the part where every shot hyzers hard to left.

I made the paper in Rock Hill:
madethepaper_zpsdcfb46a1.jpg

That's me with the camera standing behind Performance flight player Jacob Herb.

I think its great your local school is promoting the club... My sons school has an unofficial Ultimate group that he plays with every Friday..

My son thinks Ultimate is great.. and DG is for us old folks, he'll occasionally join me for a round, he starts out enjoying it then gets tired of it quickly.. he hasn't played enough to get past the part where every shot hyzers hard to left.

Have him play with an Ultimate lid. He might have an easier time of it, and I'm almost certain they're PDGA legal :hfive:

Putting the "Frisbee" word in the article for the regular peeps that got no idea what disc golf is, is probably an ok thing. I usually have to say "frisbee golf" to people asking us what we're doing before they really understand. Then I explain the whole Frisbee being trademarked thing and they get it.

If I were the principal or athletic director or teacher or club advisor or whoever at your high school, I'd set up a annual disc golf tourney just for members of your HS. Maybe have a plaque with the name of the winner each year engraved on it.

Latest posts