• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

This article in Ultiworld seems to be having a lot of fun at Hailey King's expense when she misspoke during an interview. The article is titled Dogwood on the Mind.

**This was the original quote from Hailey featured in the article.**

"You have to be ok about taking a bogey out here," said King. "If you can't secede to the hole you are going to have a lot of trouble. I honestly love it. It reminds me of Wisconsin golf."

**A verbal mixup. I've heard and seen worse. But the author brings it up again when talking about Ricky.**

Wysocki's confidence also extended to scrambling. Unlike Hailey King, he wasn't going to "secede" to any hole.

**And to hammer home his point one more time**

In the FPO, Hailey King had only needed to "secede" seven holes to bogey in the tournament up until hole 14 in the final round.

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2021/03/30/tournament-talk-dogwood-on-the-mind/

I don't find it cute or funny. This kid is finally coming out of her shell some, give her a break.

Interesting...

Probably depends on where you play. Around here it's pretty intertwined. And ya might want to learn about Tom #32, the old original disc clubs, competitions/demonstrations, and their contributions to the game. Pretty interesting stuff.

I'm interested in any links you might know of to learn about the info you mention. Thanks. :thmbup:

Yesterday, Bryson DeChambeau saying he went to play disc golf at the start of his interview, to relax before the Master.

He is the biggest bomber in ball golf right now, I wonder how his disc game is?

He is the biggest bomber in ball golf right now, I wonder how his disc game is?

I bet he's just happy to putt without having to read the green for speed and break.

Yesterday, Bryson DeChambeau saying he went to play disc golf at the start of his interview, to relax before the Master.

He mentions getting in a round at Augusta with Bubba Watson....who, I believe, has a PDGA number. Wonder if Bubba was the catalyst in getting Bryson out on the disc golf course?

He mentions getting in a round at Augusta with Bubba Watson....who, I believe, has a PDGA number. Wonder if Bubba was the catalyst in getting Bryson out on the disc golf course?

Bubba definitely reps DG occasionally! Sadly I think dechambeau had already shifted his thoughts to the ball golf course when he referenced Bubba (talked about hitting the ball). Would have been sweet to get a story about both of them at one of those cool Augusta-area courses though.

Wonder which one he played!

I'll wager that Bryson isn't stupid enough to believe that a 15' putt in golf is just as challenging as a 15' putt in DG.

But there are some on DGCR that are that dumb...

Bubba definitely reps DG occasionally! Sadly I think dechambeau had already shifted his thoughts to the ball golf course when he referenced Bubba (talked about hitting the ball). Would have been sweet to get a story about both of them at one of those cool Augusta-area courses though.

Wonder which one he played!

Sounds like it was The Players Course @ Lake Olmstead. In the interview he mentioned playing around a lake near here, and it is real close to Augusta National, and a Dad posted on Twitter he and his sons ran into BD at Lake O.

If only he had played Pendleton King, then we could have gotten him to write a review!! :p

Probably a good thing he didn't start out at the IDGC!! :thmbup:

Sounds like it was The Players Course @ Lake Olmstead. In the interview he mentioned playing around a lake near here, and it is real close to Augusta National, and a Dad posted on Twitter he and his sons ran into BD at Lake O.

If only he had played Pendleton King, then we could have gotten him to write a review!! :p

Probably a good thing he didn't start out at the IDGC!! :thmbup:

If I'm not mistaken Olmstead borders Augusta National. One thing I know I'm not mistaken about, more leeches in that lake than anywhere I've experienced. About ten years ago I picked over a hundred off my legs from the knees down after a five minute wading session. BTW don't forget to look between your toes. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the folks who like too compare disc golf to ball golf...
Bryson DeChambeau, 8 career PGA wins, $24 million in earnings. Bubba Watson, 12 career PGA wins, $46 million in earnings.
Pretty similar I would say. :D

I'm interested in any links you might know of to learn about the info you mention. Thanks. :thmbup:

Tom is local and active on facebook if you do that, he'll answer pretty much anything ya ask and will talk your ear off....love the guy and have been fortunate enough to play many rounds with him. Our club claims to be the oldest active frisbee sports club around, formed in 1976, and has some pretty notable people who are members.

Here's a good article to get ya started. Make sure to google some names from the pics, Victor especially.

Local newspaper article about Tom

That should get ya started. Our (rarely updated) website is here.

Latest posts