• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Invention

This gives me an idea for this site. What if you could go to any course info page on DGCR and print a scorecard with distances, par, etc.? I guess you'd need a program that would use the course data to populate a generic scorecard.

A small beeping device to attach to a disc for easy location. Only issue is it would only be useful in situations where your disc goes flying way off the fairway. Or at night but that's what LED's and glow discs are for.

The most difficult thing to design I imagine would be the "hand" - a gripper mechanism that would provide consistent release for different rim shapes.

<$100.

Actually a thrower wouldn't need to grip the disc like a hand does. It could be just like a the clay pidgeon thrower that gently holds any disc by the outer edges. It would be very simple and it has been proven to work on clay pidgeons or skeet. The best inventions are simple in design.

After doing some research I see that I am spoiled.

You see, I hail from Canandaigua NY. This is a pseudo suburb of...Rochester NY. Rochester is where a certain Timg lives.

All of the scorecards on DGCR are made my DGCR members and uploaded as pdfs. Obviously Timg would add his local courses, so all of the courses I've ever been to and wanted a score card at...have score cards.

As such I assumed that MOST courses had scorecards. I looked at Smelvis' profile and the 6 courses he has listed as favorites...not ONE has a scorecard.

So maybe we, the DGCR users, need to start making more scorecards.

I use DGCR scorecards all the time, everybody should have such luxury!

\/\/

I recently seen a video that had a basket that would return the putter back to you! Anyone see this and where was it at?

I once attached some super strong fishing line (about 60 ft *) to a hole in a disc. Attached the other end to a spike in the ground. Allowed me to practice full power drives, over and over. Worked good enough before I installed a net.

* Mono allows some stretch. Braid always broke.

I once attached some super strong fishing line (about 60 ft *) to a hole in a disc. Attached the other end to a spike in the ground. Allowed me to practice full power drives, over and over. Worked good enough before I installed a net.

* Mono allows some stretch. Braid always broke.

Sounds dangerous. I have seen a couple pretty serious injuries with ribbon catching/wrapping around a finger during a drive, in the winter. Fishing line would cause significantly more damage.

I recently seen a video that had a basket that would return the putter back to you! Anyone see this and where was it at?

I heard (I think on Jomez) it was made specifically for that video by a metal fabricator

Latest posts