• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf SCIENCE!!!

Two questions for you Doug:
Are you the "skilled disc thrower?"
How many of those Judges do you bag now.

Also, I had no idea what a monomer and polymer was at 9 years old. I bet you have your hands full with that smart a daughter!

Two questions for you Doug:
Are you the "skilled disc thrower?"
How many of those Judges do you bag now.

Also, I had no idea what a monomer and polymer was at 9 years old. I bet you have your hands full with that smart a daughter!

Compared to a 4th grader- yes I am the "skilled" disc thrower- I'm in the process of converting a skeet thrower to work with discs, just cause I'm curious- don't bag any judges actually- I like wizards, and bag a scale too. A friend of mine happened to have judges in every type of plastic so we didn't have to buy any discs.

My wife's degree is in polymer and color chemistry(textiles, plastics, and dyes)- a little bit of that rubbed off on the little one.

I've been a Judge on a few Science Fairs and this is very impressive, especially for her age. A well thought out experiment and great data gathering and presentation. You usually learn more from an incorrect hypothesis than a correct one. It looks like she has plenty of ideas for next year as well.

Great job by the parents.:\

She Did 95% of it by herself actually- I threw the plastic and my wife helped a little bit with the organization of the report, but the idea was all hers and wrote the report herself. She's been curious since her first tournament in August.

Those last four throws with the fluid were pretty much exact copies except for one throw off by .29. did something just click with the fluids?

Pretty impressive work. You should be proud. (Although there will have to be an intervention about proper use of bar charts.)

Super cool. I enjoyed reading the report. Is there a possibility of testing some other theories I have? I was glad to know that plastic did not make distance differ too much. Going to keep throwing what feels best. Yeah Fluid!

That's my daughter!

That's Awesome Doug!

Did you say she played her first tournament in August? Does that mean next time you come to Raleigh I'll get to meet your bright daughter too? Follow up, does that mean your wife will have to go to the show alone since you and your kids will be playing with Gary and me?

That's Awesome Doug!

Did you say she played her first tournament in August? Does that mean next time you come to Raleigh I'll get to meet your bright daughter too? Follow up, does that mean your wife will have to go to the show alone since you and your kids will be playing with Gary and me?

Yep she played in the NC state junior champs, only girl that showed- She will probably start tagging along with me more often.

Latest posts