• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Scorecards for iPhone - w/Free Promo Codes

dustinkirk

After using other Disc Golf iPhone apps, I thought I could make a better one that both looks good and works well too... so I did! And it works great for golf and mini-golf too.

The app, Disc Golf Scorecards was recently released on the iTunes App Store. I've been using it a lot and I think you'll enjoy it too. It keeps scoring really simple and fast without lots of extra clutter. It supports up to 6 players per card, scores up to 27 holes, and you can save as many games as you want.

Thanks for your support. Let me know if you enjoy it or see improvements I should make.

At the moment it is available for $0.99

Download on the iTunes App Store

wood_icon_sm.png

wood_flyer_discgolf.png

Below are some Free Promo Codes to get it for free. Please reply with the code that you use, so others know it is no longer available. Also, if you can leave a review of the app in the store, that would be awesome!

To use the codes, open the App Store on your iPhone/iPod Touch, Tap "Featured" on the bottom, scroll to the bottom of the page, Tap "Redeem" and enter the code.

WNKJK9ETTP43
99XWJKYPKRJ3
NWAPJR3H4LNP
M7646YTPN6WK
KLNJ6RJXHTF9
J9P9F3LHMWE9
RXRTA73PWEFK

--*EDIT*--
That was quick! All of the codes have been used. I don't have any more to give at this time, but thank you for the suggestions and I'll be sure to let you know when the app gets its next update. I'll be able to post some more codes then. Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy the app!

Sweet, used code WNKJK9ETTP43. I really like the simplicity of the grid format and being able to get started without any setup. Nice job!

Used code RXRTA73PWEFK. Thanks a lot. I'll try this out on Thursday and put up a review.

awesome and tyvm. I used 99XWJKYPKRJ3. I have tried all the score apps and they always seem to be a hassle, but i still try each one to see if anyone gets it right. I will try this out on a round tomorrow and let you know how it works for me. Thanks again for the free codes, that is very cool of you.

I used NWAPJR3H4LNP. Thanks for the promo codes and I am looking forward to giving this a shot.

After just messing around with it, I've found it to be extremely simple and intuitive. This is the only dg app I have tried, but I can't imagine a more simple layout than this. Of course, I'd love to have auto fillers for the par column's but you can easily leave it blank and use some of that remedial addition and subtraction to figure your score above or below par. I can't wait to show it off on the course.

M7646YTPN6WK is used. Thanks!

This is the third DG scoring app that I have used, and I really like the layout. It's definitely unique. Here are a few things that would be nice to see:

-Save players and their past scores (so you can compare your previous rounds)
-Save courses (and par for each hole, so you dont have to type the name of the course and the par each time)
-Export to .CSV (im an excel geek)

I'm up to talk more via PM if you are looking for input. If not, thats totally fine.

-Save players and their past scores (so you can compare your previous rounds)

While the app does let you view scores of past games, I recognize it isn't the simplest task in the world. I'm not sure there is a simple solution that wouldn't mean sacrificing the simplicity of taking score. The screen size is really the big limiting factor. I'll ponder it a little further, but this is a function that is much better suited for doing on a computer/iPad.

-Save courses (and par for each hole, so you dont have to type the name of the course and the par each time)
-Export to .CSV (im an excel geek)

Both of these should be doable. In fact I already have plans to add the ability to start a new game from any saved game (copying over the pars, hole count, game title, and 1st player name). Exporting should be reasonable to add... What would be the best means to transfer files to your computer? Email?

Thanks for your feedback!

All of the promo codes are used. I went ahead and bought the app, and will let you know what I think.

Thanks everyone!

If you can rate the app in the App Store, that would be great. At the moment there are just 3 comments. The next update should come in about 2 weeks and I'll let you know when it goes live. I'll also post some more free promo codes then.

Cheers,
-d-

dustinkirk said:
Both of these should be doable. In fact I already have plans to add the ability to start a new game from any saved game (copying over the pars, hole count, game title, and 1st player name). Exporting should be reasonable to add... What would be the best means to transfer files to your computer? Email?

Thanks for your feedback!

Would these steps be possible? This is what I think would be ideal when you open the app.

1) Select course (or add a course...default is 18 holes @ par 3)
2) Select player(s) from a list (or add a player)

You could switch the order of 1 and 2...doesn't really matter

3) "Start Game"

-have each game saved by date/time and course
-create a way to export .csv via email

dustinkirk said:
Thanks everyone!

If you can rate the app in the App Store, that would be great. At the moment there are just 3 comments. The next update should come in about 2 weeks and I'll let you know when it goes live. I'll also post some more free promo codes then.

Cheers,
-d-

I will after a couple of weeks of use.

1) Select course (or add a course...default is 18 holes @ par 3)
2) Select player(s) from a list (or add a player)

There's another dg scorekeeping app that works this way -- I tried it and never used it due to the setup time involved. IIRC there was no way to keep score *without* setting up courses and players first, which made it a hassle for me. This new app is exactly what I wished for after trying that other one -- a super-simple spreadsheet-like setup where you can see everything at once and enter data directly onto the scorecard. In fact every once in a while I spend time looking for a lightweight spreadsheet to use for scorekeeping as I've never liked any of the available disc- or mini-golf apps before now.

I like that I'm free to use it however I want -- I can enter three tourney rounds for myself on one card if I want, start on whatever hole I want, play holes out of order with no hassle, etc.. I *love* that there is not a separate screen for entering scores. Often when I write scores down it's helpful to look back at previous holes, but with a lot of apps that means going to a different screen, which is a pain.

I had the app crash once when I tried to delete a scorecard, but I can't reproduce that now.

It would be nice to be able to rename the holes/rows -- some tourneys I play have added "A"-holes that aren't part of the regular course, but which are played in between numbered holes. E.g. 16, A, 17, 18, B, etc..

What's the chance you could make this for android?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

got to use this on a round today and I really like it. It's the only one i have tried that actually seems less hassle than pen and paper (imo most are more trouble than pen and paper). Maybe it's because I have been so disappointed with the others but it is well worth a buck as is. The only updates I would say are critical are saving course/players. Exporting would be nice. Visually I think it works really well but it did feel like there was a lot of screen real estate taken up with unused area (I was only playing 3 ppl on the card). Im wondering if it might be possible for it to rescale the grid for less than six or even just a pinch/zoom and swipe to scroll instead of pages so you can make things more ledgible when playing with fewer people. That said, the only reason it was bothersome is because it's hard to read small text in the bright sun. I will continue to use this even if you don't do a thing to it, so I think that is the best endorsement I could give. Oh and I remember thinking it might be cool to double tap a grid square to automatically record par for that hole to further increase scoring speed.

some other features that I would like to see in any disc golf app. The ability to import player/courses from a database with high detail. I am not a programmer and have no idea how hard it would be to implement something like this, and im not suggesting you need to do this. It just seems logical that we could sign up for a user name at some website and create our golfer profile. With location services a map would show you the courses you are close to and allow you to pick one so all the pars/stats are automatically set and your profile gets tracked more accurately. fellow users could be imported (with password protection) to the scorekeepers phone for that card. Unregistered users would be guests. The stats generated would be awesome.

Latest posts