• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Shoes

I got a project due soon for my class that requires me to create a new product for any existing company. I decided to create some kind of new disc golf shoe for what company I have not decided yet. I know some disc golf shoes do exist already but as long as it is a new product for the proposed company it is fine. Like I could propose it to Nike or some disc golf company like Innova. Anyways my question to you disc golfers out there is, what features would you want in a disc golf shoe?

The feature I'd like to see most is a shell toed designed. Sorta like a pair of old Chucks *converse. The area that always comes apart fastest on my DG shoes is the spot where the sole of the shoe meets the toe area. This spot will come apart from all the toe dragging I do off the tee pad. Good luck with your project!

One piece sole, that covers the toe, is key. Anything else dies a miserable death. Also, strong sidewall support, especially on the dominant foot, outside, where a backhand player is going to drive into.

What I look for now

• A one-piece sole that wraps around the toebox to help reduce wear from us draggers, as mentioned above, would be key. I can't really think of anyone but Keen doing this (to a point), but I do not like their shoes
  • Light weight is a must.
  • I would also like to see an aggressive sole pattern designed for grip but also durability. Something like the Salomon Speedcross3 (their Conta-grip soles are better than any Vibram sole I've worn) but that doesn't wear down so quickly.
  • Both waterproof and non-waterproof options
    • Non-Waterproof would be very breathable
    • Waterproof would be very light weight - most of the waterproof shoes I've tried have been much heavier than my non-waterproof options