• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

The darker green foliage many times does NOT affect flight at all. This is true around greens mostly. Start paying attention to which trees seem to really affect you the most.

Skipping--definitely every hole seems to play like a golf course after a hard freeze. But...once you learn to use skip, it certainly is a very handy thing.

Now, IIRC, discs with the 'roll' attribute skip a lot less, which is useful when you need to stick a landing, as even regular discs skip some.

As far as how you play--there are 2 main tracks I see:
1) Being good every hole, to where you can finish in top 10 of pro tours each week--this is trying to park most holes except the shorter ones.
2) Trying to finish at the top of the daily challenges--this requires acing at least one, sometimes 3 holes per round, and being perfect on all the other holes--eagles on every par 4, etc.

I find the first to be more enjoyable, because ace running as its own prize gets boring for me. But if you prefer the second, spend lots of time trying to not just birdie holes, but to ace them, even the par 4's, many of which ARE ace-able. Heck even the par 5 on lakeside is ace-able, though I've never done it. Need just the right skip off the hill.

Anyone here aced a par 5 yet? Anything extra cool happen?

Good luck!

I was the first to ace the lakeside Par 5 in a multiplayer round (i.e. not in a situation where you keep re-starting).
Even when you can keep re-starting, you need a lucky bounce to do it right-handed - apparently it's much easier as a lefty (I've never tried that).

I have never (with very few exceptions) enjoyed grinding the daily challenge enough to consistently finish high. I'll restart only a handful of times and take whatever score I get. When I played a lot, I played mostly multiplayer rounds

Re: roll discs. A lot of players use "Roll" as the second attribute after "Accurate" for their 7-11 speed discs (myself included). The "Roll" significantly reduces the ground play most of the time and the wind effect is easy enough to adjust for without the "wind break" attribute (which reduces the effect of wind by half)

Earlier I made a statement about straddling OB lines. Need to modify.
Turns out it's random. Sometimes a straddling disc will be considered OB & sometimes it won't. I've yet to see the pattern.

Has anyone been able to accomplish a Black Ace? It blows my mind how this could even be possible.

Turns out it's random. Sometimes a straddling disc will be considered OB & sometimes it won't. I've yet to see the pattern.

Has anyone been able to accomplish a Black Ace? It blows my mind how this could even be possible.

Some of the newer courses have "wrong" holes that are only a couple hundred feet from a tee, if you know where to look. There have been some videos posted on the Facebook page

Some of the newer courses have "wrong" holes that are only a couple hundred feet from a tee, if you know where to look. There have been some videos posted on the Facebook page

Okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to do some hunting.

Okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to do some hunting.

When the game starts, it does flyovers, this can give a good overview of the course being highlighted, including adjacent holes.

I've never looked, but my hunch is there are some prior hole baskets close to teepads. Like IRL. So turn 180 on that teepad and start exploring. :)

I turned the overview off months ago when I was trying to get the 90 seconds badge - still haven't gotten it.

This. I was playing Northern Lights 3 the other day and I had a horrible tee shot that cleared the river to the right of the fairway. There is another basket over there.

(I'm sure there are lots of easier options than that for the black ace haha)

It has not correlated with the center point of the disc? I continue to have never seen a disc called OB when the center point of the disc is less than halfway across the line. When the center of the disc crosses the center of the line, in my experience, that scores you OB.

I turned the overview off months ago when I was trying to get the 90 seconds badge - still haven't gotten it.
That badge, to me, is about doing two things well...

1. Ace the first hole
2. Throw all of your drives short

I have heard of people getting the badge without doing 1, as long as they get a few "drop ins." But the key is throwing the drives short to minimize the amount of time you spend watching the drive in the air.

I have heard of people getting the badge without doing 1, as long as they get a few "drop ins." But the key is throwing the drives short to minimize the amount of time you spend watching the drive in the air.

That's how I did it! Throw sticky discs and try to park your drives.

I gave the 90 second badge one 1/2 a$$ attempt last night. Didn't get it. So I switched my bag all over to putters so I could do the putter only bag badges & was able to score them all.
Also, managed to get the black ace badge on hole 9 of Northern Lights.
Oh & I got the hot air balloon badge.
Kinda got a wild hair & decided to knock off a bunch of badges last night.

Woops. Have to confess I mistakenly said I completed all the putter only badges. Turns out I am still struggling along with the Frozen Valley putter only round. Arg!!
It's frustrating, but honestly, it's fun. It's a puzzle trying to figure out which disc works best for each situation. Which route to go. I'm finding that sliding on the ice is the best route on a few holes. It's an adventure.

FYI MONSTER DISTANCE DRIVER IN THE STORE.

Big Skip Extra Glide Rive.

If you're too low a level to see it in the shop or don't have the 30K coin get grinding by tomorrow evening.

Want to shout out this tip from etdefender19 because it has really bumped up my game after playing for a year.

Re: roll discs. A lot of players use "Roll" as the second attribute after "Accurate" for their 7-11 speed discs (myself included). The "Roll" significantly reduces the ground play most of the time and the wind effect is easy enough to adjust for without the "wind break" attribute (which reduces the effect of wind by half) :clap::clap:

I've finally been able to land some island holes that I had relied on luck to make the disc stay. Finally got my 3rd star on some Challenge the Valley courses that I'd been struggling with (Downtown hole 7!!).

Want to shout out this tip from etdefender19 because it has really bumped up my game after playing for a year.

Re: roll discs. A lot of players use "Roll" as the second attribute after "Accurate" for their 7-11 speed discs (myself included). The "Roll" significantly reduces the ground play most of the time and the wind effect is easy enough to adjust for without the "wind break" attribute (which reduces the effect of wind by half) :clap::clap:

I've finally been able to land some island holes that I had relied on luck to make the disc stay. Finally got my 3rd star on some Challenge the Valley courses that I'd been struggling with (Downtown hole 7!!).

You're welcome

Not only 7-11 speed discs. The glide/roll Rive is in almost every top players bag for the same reason.

Plus, that's the disc I use for actual rollers (which used to be a lot more useful skill than it is now, I think)
Yeah off the top of my head only a few holes where the roller off the tee is my go-to. I'd like to see a new course that featured the shot for some bonus eagles.

Did some exploring this weekend & on hole 3 of Pioneer Bay, in the volcano, I found a disc being held up by a robot arm.
So I tried to see if hitting it would reward me with the disc. Took a while to hit it, but to no avail.
Anybody else ever see this?

Latest posts