• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Forehand a Wind Recoil. Hang it out over the water on a straight-to-fade line, and it should pretty much always settle inside 60' for an easy eagle putt. I can't remember the last time I went OB on that hole. That is one of my two or three most consistent eagle holes.

For me it's either get it in 2 or it takes 6, or yesterday a 10(the 4 wind got me.)

Anybody got 3 stars on the new course yet? The Z hole is so hard, I haven't birdied it yet so you have to play all the rest perfect and I can't get through without a mistake. I want to know what that final disc reward is (it better be good lol).

Anybody got 3 stars on the new course yet? The Z hole is so hard, I haven't birdied it yet so you have to play all the rest perfect and I can't get through without a mistake. I want to know what that final disc reward is (it better be good lol).

My best effort is only -5 lol.

Also finding the new version has too reactive of a basket/pole. Spitouts are back with a vengeance. I like everything else about the way the game plays right now though.

.925? I'm good with the physics. I am still making most of my 50 foot and in backhands. I do feel like I have to throw it a little softer, can't just sling it in like I could before. I'm good with that. Should be some touch to the shot. I think he wants to do what he can to encourage people to use the putt mechanic instead.

My best effort is only -5 lol.

Also finding the new version has too reactive of a basket/pole. Spitouts are back with a vengeance. I like everything else about the way the game plays right now though.

I still haven't been able to find an update for Android on Google play store, so I'm using 912. And I haven't played the new course. But now that I've been getting comfortable with 912, I expect a mandatory update to be coming soon!

.925? I'm good with the physics. I am still making most of my 50 foot and in backhands. I do feel like I have to throw it a little softer, can't just sling it in like I could before. I'm good with that. Should be some touch to the shot. I think he wants to do what he can to encourage people to use the putt mechanic instead.

I'm fine with steering us toward the putt mechanic, but they have to fix the glitches first. Sometimes a putt will just drop after a few feet. And some lies you cannot reliably putt from, like if you're close to a wall or tree or bush.

I'm fine with steering us toward the putt mechanic, but they have to fix the glitches first. Sometimes a putt will just drop after a few feet. And some lies you cannot reliably putt from, like if you're close to a wall or tree or bush.

There are some rare lies where I can only make with the putting mechanic. I generally hate it (though better now, up to even 40 footers). But I like how you can swing left or right on the backstroke to get around trees.

960 as of this minute. It will be higher than that, after Saturday's update, I presume

My current rating (by my own ratings spreadsheet) is 957 - and I'm playing like crap lately

I've heard a rumor that the next update will make the game more difficult again so get those high ratings while you can. I personally will be grinding as much as I can before Saturday and hope I can improve on the 982 I posted when .912 first came out. Need better layouts than I've been getting lately though!!

What's the current threshold to crack the Top 100? I'm due for a 962 rating at the update that will occur tonight. But I've got a low score in my bottom three rounds, so I could likely get my rating up to at least 965 if I play three more decent rounds tonight to bump the crappy one from my recent 25.

What's the current threshold to crack the Top 100? I'm due for a 962 rating at the update that will occur tonight. But I've got a low score in my bottom three rounds, so I could likely get my rating up to at least 965 if I play three more decent rounds tonight to bump the crappy one from my recent 25.

977s are on the fence right now, but it's early still
I'm guessing 979 or 980

977s are on the fence right now, but it's early still
I'm guessing 979 or 980

Bummer. I increased my rating by playing a few more rounds, but I'm still just a 971 rated putz. Not Top 100 material, I guess. :(

My rating rose from 820 to 925 in the last month (4 Pro Tour finishes). Still a long way to go to get into the top list.

With the new update I had to sign into google again... I had used a dummy account that I use for random stuff at work and it wanted to verify my phone number (which was also dummy number as well). Couldn't figure it out for a whole day of messing with the google account settings... was worried I was going to have to stat over (currently level 53). Luckily I got in and didn't have to start over. Love the new course, a welcome challenge!

Love the new course and .926 so far. Sound effects are great. Turn up your volume if you haven't up until now...Curious how long until Pro Tour and multi would include this course since updates are not mandatory at this point.

Really appreciate the developer putting so much obvious time and effort into this! Thanks Eagle and Simon for highlighting the game some as well...

Yesterday was the first day I noticed the 926 update on the Google Play store, so I'm guessing it just came out of Beta.

Meanwhile, my rating should be the highest it's been with my current rounds from 912. I have a feeling I'll miss that version! I'd love to see my stats, but one thing I noticed was that I was around 20 for 25 or even higher getting an albatross on the "condor hole." I think I have 44 albatrosses now, still with every one on that same hole.

Last edited:
926 v 912
- Ballista is flippy, but goes farther again, probably a bit less end fade
- Explorer lost some end fade
- effect of wind on putts and throws seems about the same, and the putts seem to stick about the same as far as I've noticed
- the roll is gone! I'm happy about this as I never really started using the Turn/Roll Ballista and hated some of the weird "rollaways" that happened
- I've had a couple glitches using the putting mechanism where it underthrows and misses way short, but otherwise it still seems good out to 40' or so with a Acc/Glide Pure
- I like the new OB lines
- I haven't used the Wind/Glide Recoil in the new update yet, but I bet it's even better than in 912 as a "long distance control driver"; I'm still using the Wind/Glide Ballista and it's also good

I still need to play more but it seems like they changed the physics for discs that hit the top band. It seems like the disc is bouncing off with more speed.

I've noticed that too, but off of rocks as well. I'm just glad the chains catch okay and that the front rim doesn't block low putts like it did a few versions ago.

Wow! Not just the putting, but the throw-ins are a lot more random. Just when i thought i had it figured out!