• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

926 is big improvement over the beta with regard to bogus spit-outs, and I love the way discs are flying and the ground physics. One exception is the 3-5 winds are a bit too unpredictable with distance drivers and causing random shanks. But the putting bug is still ruining my rounds quite often. Maybe because I play on a virtual phone and mouse (I don't think it gives an advantage).

926 is big improvement over the beta with regard to bogus spit-outs, and I love the way discs are flying and the ground physics.

There are still some crazy ground physics at times. I had a disc hit the ground and almost stop then it took off sliding even popping up into a roller for a little bit before stopping. I re-watch it 4 times trying to figure out what happened.

At least it's really hard relative to the others...

Yeah, the new course is frustrating me.

I have done well enough on it to get the first two stars but I don't think I'll ever get that third star.

There are a handful of holes that I can't seem to figure out and even the holes that I think I have figured out really bring a lot of trees into play.

Yeah, the new course is frustrating me.

I have done well enough on it to get the first two stars but I don't think I'll ever get that third star.

There are a handful of holes that I can't seem to figure out and even the holes that I think I have figured out really bring a lot of trees into play.

The very first time I played, I finished 5 or 6 under. I later realized that I was lucky in avoiding OB, etc. In a bunch of subsequent attempts, I've only managed to finish 7 under a few times and am yet to get the 3 stars.

I do think I could improve my chances by optimizing my bag for the course (e.g. glide/skip Ballista), but I haven't done that yet. But some of the holes are very hard to birdie, and there's really only one eagle opportunity on par 4s (hole 6), and only one or two potential aces (none of which I've actually aced yet). The trees seem particularly hard to predict, as you sometimes have to throw through them and they don't seem to slow the discs in the same way every time.

The very first time I played, I finished 5 or 6 under. I later realized that I was lucky in avoiding OB, etc. In a bunch of subsequent attempts, I've only managed to finish 7 under a few times and am yet to get the 3 stars.

I do think I could improve my chances by optimizing my bag for the course (e.g. glide/skip Ballista), but I haven't done that yet. But some of the holes are very hard to birdie, and there's really only one eagle opportunity on par 4s (hole 6), and only one or two potential aces (none of which I've actually aced yet). The trees seem particularly hard to predict, as you sometimes have to throw through them and they don't seem to slow the discs in the same way every time.

I've eagled #2 several times. A good tee shot leaves you an approach that's something like a Sunshine Glade ace run (the disc seems to fade a little bit more on this shot for some reason).

The sometimes-tree thing is super annoying lol.

Stupid Disc Golf Valley Challenge!

While playing last night I had an idea - Play an entire round use the recommend disc, not changing the aim or teepad position, and using the recommended throwing style. So the only things I would control are the power and release angle. And to make it even harder do it on the new Owlwood course.

The results were interesting a few birdies, a few pars, and a few big numbers.

It was kind of fun so I figured I would put the challenge out there so we can so who can score the lowest.

The rules-
You get one chance to get your best score.
No practice rounds to tune your bag, play the bag you have.
You can go into the settings and select "recommended" for default tee shot.
You can only change the power and release angle. No aiming and no moving left or right. If you are behind a tree you don't get to slide to the side you just have to try and go around it with hyzer or anhyzer.
You have to use the recommended shot, backhand, forehand or putt. Whatever the game picks you have to use.
You have to use the disc the game selects.

Don't cheat. There's no prizes so play by the rules and be honest with your score.

If you need clarification on the rules just ask.

Now lets see some scores.

I didn't score as well as I would have liked but I think I did ok.
I got a 33 with 3 birdies, 3 pars, and some higher scores the worst being an 8

I'm game.

I'm assuming we are doing this in the. Ew course? I still suck at that one but we'll give it a go.

I'll post my crappy score when I'm done.

Surprisingly, I feel I did pretty good. Actually could have done a stroke or two better if I cheated. I was pinned behind a tree and since you said not to slide over if change the aim point I was left with no option but to blast the tree which kicked me OB. Also missed a putt through some bushes where I could have slid right and had an open look. Also, I'm not used to making a 196' upshot with a big skip Musket. Lol.

Fun challenge though.

Shot -2 with a 27.

de0d4e60ec3d4739401d1558ed6aaa01.jpg

Tried again. Wind was different and a couple of weird lies to deal with again but still not too bad.

+1 with a score of 30 this time.

bd2c3b66704db0b55bb3edd6a25cadb6.jpg

Surprisingly, I feel I did pretty good. Actually could have done a stroke or two better if I cheated. I was pinned behind a tree and since you said not to slide over if change the aim point I was left with no option but to blast the tree which kicked me OB. Also missed a putt through some bushes where I could have slid right and had an open look. Also, I'm not used to making a 196' upshot with a big skip Musket. Lol.
[/IMG]

27 is a solid score, my best is a 29 playing regular(it was enough to get 2 star, but I haven't played this course that much.)

Finished 28 without changing anything... surprisingly decent. Only got bogey on 2 & 8 (bogey on 2 due to the suggested disc of skip/fade pioneer for the 2nd shot, boo). Thinking I got lucky with wind on hole 5 & 9 to get the easy birds which isn't the norm for me.

Decided to see what I could do knowing the lines and I got a 28, on my 4th try. I got lucky on a couple and missed a couple. I think if I played my best and got lucky I could maybe save 1 or 2 more shots. I really think my bag is holding me back. I believe the game is only having me use 3 discs, Fuse, River, Recoil. The River is costing me strokes since it is only in the bag for testing, I normally use an Explorer for my fairway shots.
Scores- 3,3,2, 2,3,3, 3,5,4=28

So I have a 33 for my official score versus a 28 with practice.

My best is 25 and 21 feels nigh impossible but that just means its going to be super exciting and rewarding when I finally do it. Just like real disc golf.

Owlwood is indeed a tough little number. Nice and different addition to the game. I shot like -2 my first go. Oof. Gave an accurate/glide Pioneer and a sticky/accurate Fuse as rewards.

And for 3 stars, you get a Wind break Ballista. So for Owlwood:
1 star - Accurate/Glide Pioneer
2 star - Accurate/Sticky Fuse
3 star - Wind break Ballista

Anybody got 3 stars on the new course yet? The Z hole is so hard, I haven't birdied it yet so you have to play all the rest perfect and I can't get through without a mistake. I want to know what that final disc reward is (it better be good lol).

I finally got 3 stars. It's a tough course, for sure. 9 under would be well over 1030 rated, I suspect. Have you tried since it made it out of beta to .926?

Hate to break it, but i kinda suck. Played a few rounds to unlock the new course, and took the challenge. Shot a 27. Admittedly, i panned for the distance on hole 2, but reset and followed the limits.
The trees not mattering is a trip...........

I just can't seem to get on the green on the last hole of the new course.

Tried many different lines, but it doesn't help that my longest disc is a Musket.

The more they update this game the slower it runs. On a regular basis I can't throw. Usually if I let the game sit for a minute or two it will start working again. But even that isn't always working. I was able press the arrow to retire and lower my rating but I couldn't throw my disc.

They should try to work on an option to re-join multiplayer rounds in progress, especially if you haven't finished a hole.

EDIT: 3 minutes later and it locked up again, this time 3 holes in...

Last edited:
I just can't seem to get on the green on the last hole of the new course.

Tried many different lines, but it doesn't help that my longest disc is a Musket.

Yeah, there might be a tree-free line somewhere (meaning the visible trees don't actually slow the disc), but I haven't figured it out either. My Ballista only gets there half the time. I generally try a RHFH line but I will go RHBH way right in certain wind conditions. That said, I had at least 5 to 10 rounds where I was set to get 3 stars (8 under) and needed a birdie or even just par on the hole, and hole 9 was my downfall.

I feel like Owlwood is designed to humble those of us who have already got the good discs and thought we were good. I can't help but notice urdizzle still hasn't posted an Owlwood video.

Latest posts