• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Usually only with an unlucky skip - that just happened to me a few minutes ago actually. Usually the worst lie is stuck behind a tree.

It's not a perfect approach, but I got really tired of unlucky skips I got while trying to hit the middle island. This approach doesn't lead to a lot of birdies, but does reduce the number of sixes (or worse)

EXTREMELY rarely. I aim high enough that I'm not going to have the power with the LG to carry to the OB with a skip off the snow. And then on the second shot it just doesn't happen because I'm aiming for the fattest part of the ice thanks to the approach from the left.

Well... unless I get greedy on shot two and decide to try for something else.

Interesting. I always like hearing different approaches. Give the turn roll disc a shot in practice some time. It's very well suited to that tee shot. I birdie that one probably 80% or more of the time. Maybe not that much, but it's definitely one of my stronger holes compared to the field...

For that particular hole I tend to just go with my usual L/G BPro. I just throw it way high up and land amongst the trees to the left short of the island. From there I just launch one out to the middle of the ice past the island no risk with the S/G, and the third shot to get in position for birdie just depends on wind/how far up the snow I get on the other side.

I think my safe play before the turn BP was a Musket at those trees on the left before the ice.

Using the "Elite Series" tournament I won my way into to motivate myself to play for a better rating...

24 pro tour rounds over 6 consecutive tours. 3 rounds in. Been very careful so far, averaging 1060. Just gotta do it 21 more times... Lol

Out of the 32 entrants they're cashing 11. 11th best rating is 1071 (I am 1007 coming in). So I'm looking at the cash line from the outside so far probably.

Using the "Elite Series" tournament I won my way into to motivate myself to play for a better rating...

24 pro tour rounds over 6 consecutive tours. 3 rounds in. Been very careful so far, averaging 1060. Just gotta do it 21 more times... Lol

Out of the 32 entrants they're cashing 11. 11th best rating is 1071 (I am 1007 coming in). So I'm looking at the cash line from the outside so far probably.

If I play the way I've played the last three days or so in MP, I have no chance at cashing either - and I'll play myself out of it early. Fortunately, I still have a couple days before I have to attempt the PT rounds this cycle

*grumble grumble*DROTandrimskipdrives*grumble grumble*

So close to acing second and third holes of today's PT round... And ultimately had a 1020 round that'll plummet me because I was poop the rest of the way....

DGV people, is there a new grail?
Does the Rive go farther than the Ballista Pros?

Furthermore: For some reason, the Grace is a fairway driver in this game. Do you think the Acc/Glide Grace will take the place of Muskets in the future?

DGV people, is there a new grail?
Does the Rive go farther than the Ballista Pros?

Furthermore: For some reason, the Grace is a fairway driver in this game. Do you think the Acc/Glide Grace will take the place of Muskets in the future?
There is a new "grail." I have the ET/EG Rive and it took the place of my L/EG Ballista Pro, and that isn't even the max-D variant.

From what I've been hearing the Grace having the acc attribute is nice, but overall its just a bit too flippy to replace the EG/Acc Musket. That same issue appears to be keeping some people from going after the Rive, they like the Ballista Pro's stability.

I'm thinking the Skip/Glide Rive is more likely to take the place of my Skip/Glide Havoc than my Ballista Pro...

I only got my hands on a light/skip Rive so far but it allready goes longer than my glide/skip Ballista Pro. So yes there must be a new grail in the house. Seems like you want the Rive in the usual combinations, glide/skip, light/glide and glide/roll.

As far as i can tell from the facebook discussions, people arent too thrilled with the other two new discs.

I only got my hands on a light/skip Rive so far but it allready goes longer than my glide/skip Ballista Pro. So yes there must be a new grail in the house. Seems like you want the Rive in the usual combinations, glide/skip, light/glide and glide/roll.

As far as i can tell from the facebook discussions, people arent too thrilled with the other two new discs.
I am curious about the glide/roll Rive's utility. Flying Rive grail variants seem to eliminate the need for my roller Ballista Pro, and not many holes seem to exist that'd make sufficient use of the new rolling Rive's extra distance potential.

New course(s) is(are) fun, but they need to add them to the tourney modes to mix it up a bit. Too many of the same old holes over and over again.

New course(s) is(are) fun, but they need to add them to the tourney modes to mix it up a bit. Too many of the same old holes over and over again.
I think they're way overdue on Lost Island. I have heard that the "real world" courses won't ever make it into MP, from the beta testing team that communicates with Per. But Lost Island has been out long enough for them to rate the holes properly for use in MP/PT.

Just a note, if you don't know: When you go into Play With Friends if you choose "random" holes you'll get mixes with Lost Island and ECC.

Also - apparently layouts are coming in with ratings upward of 100 points above what they were rated at before. Per needs someone who understands stats to help him out here - some serious inflation problems.

Got 3 stars on Pioneer Bay yesterday, finally got birdie on hole 9 after only getting it once before. Was pretty impressed with the course, there are almost no eagle opportunities outside of long throw in's.

Got 3 stars on Pioneer Bay yesterday, finally got birdie on hole 9 after only getting it once before. Was pretty impressed with the course, there are almost no eagle opportunities outside of long throw in's.
Yeah, the best opportunities for eagle, for me, have all been on hole 3 and hole 6. Hole 3 I can usually get to around 100-110 meters out, and then the Musket's fade funnels up into the pin, I've had a lot of skips around the basket but haven't caught one yet. Hole 6 is more consistent. If you have a Rive with the glide characteristic you can get to 50 meters (or even closer sometimes, I've gone OB skipping into the water). Thats more reliable - I've caught a few Fuse throw ins from there.

Latest posts