• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf wayback portal...(1991 photos)

InnocentCrook

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
While perusing the local club's webpage, I stumpled upon a link for "Cincinnati Disc Golf Pix". Curious, I clicked it to see what I might find. Ended up being a collection of pics from the final round of the 1991 Worlds in Dayton, OH.

Awesome set of pics with some familiar faces. A very young Climo, Steady Ed, Dave Dunipace, Dave Greenwell, Snapper, Elaine King, Hosfeld (with epic mullet), Stan McDaniel, etc. Thought you folks might enjoy paging through them all.

Some great action shots of the Champ.

Dayton, OH 1991 Disc Golf World Championships.

Greenwell is sporting a glove! First time I have seen that and I have always wondered if anyone wore a glove while playing.

Wow, both Snapper and Greenwell aged really well, because they look exactly the same now as they did back then.

Hammock looks about 17, and Hosfeld's mullet made me LOL.

Good thing that mustaches are no longer in vogue. :gross:

I wore a glove my first year in the sport (1989) but switched to just taping my finger the following year so most of my hand tanned versus the previous year.

That was my first Worlds. Finished middle of the pack in Master. I remember watching that temporary course Final 9 on the golf course (which may have been the first Worlds that was done) but it didn't look like I made it in any crowd photos.

Last edited:
I love the guy who in the crowd watching people tee off. Those purple and blue leopard spotted hammer pants are dominant!

Here are some pics for a photo story I did on my Nashville DG friends back in 92-93...

JohnnyDG16.jpg

JohnnyDG15.jpg

JohnnyDG11.jpg

JohnnyDG10.jpg

JohnnyDG13.jpg

Latest posts