• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfing in Japan!

nate22

Eagle Member
So Im knee deep into planning my Japan trip in March. We have a self guided tour the first 11 days (hoping to play the Tokyo CBD course one day there), and we are looking to extend our stay afterwards by 8 days.

I am thinking the area North/West of Yokohama, as there are 3 courses nearby (6 overall including the Tokyo one) AND Mt Fuji isnt too far away for hiking and whatnot...along with the potential to board the local trains to get to a few other courses.

Anyone been who can offer insight?

The six courses near there are...

Showa Kinen Park - main couse to play (18)
Kamiyugi Park
Musashi Kyuryo Shinrin Koen NGP
Yokahama City Seya Citizens Woods 18!
Tatsuumi-no-mori Kaihin Park
Yoshino Event Park

fOR THOSE 8 DAYS WE WANT 1 HOTEL IN ONE PLACE, JUST TO CHILLAX ETC AND MOVE AROUND FROM THERE...darn caps lock, but I aint retyping all that, lol

Last edited:
You'll love it! ...if you have an open mind

I first went to Japan ("Nippon" to them), in 1980 with the USAF and I had the pleasure of going there probably 14 or 15 times, for 3 weeks each time, during my tour in the Air Force. As a civilian, I worked with and for Yamaha Marine for 11 years and again traveled to Japan many times, usually for a week or so each time. It is a wonderful country, filled with a great people. The Japanese are friendly and polite to a fault. You in turn, should be as polite as you have ever been in your life! Use your please's and thank you's liberally and it will take you far. Buy a small pocket guide to Japan with some common phrases and useful information. Using even a few words of Japanese (Nihongo) will really be appreciated by the locals and again, will get you far. Most Japanese know at least some English, and you will often find those who speak very good English and are glad to help out with some translation and information. TRY THE FOOD!! Embrace it and run with it. It will be the culinary highlight of your life. You may not love everything you try, but just try it. You will find lots of stuff that is really good, and you might be quite surprised at what you do like! While I never got to play any disc golf in Japan, I did get to use the trains, they are excellent. There are lots of options with various local, regional and national routes and options on economy or luxury (The Japanese have certainly worked out many of the creature comforts of life). Keep an open mind and you will have a blast!! Good luck!:hfive:

I can't offer you any advice but you have my envy. The courses don't look too spectacular but just being in Japan will make it an experience I'm sure!

Don't they throw 150 class discs over there? Being way above sea level and what not? I'm sure I read that somewhere

of course I will eat the food, not one of those tourists that packs my own food to go over...I try anything and everything! My profile picture is me eating a massive burger in the US, haha.

Dunno if the 150 rule is constant, when player with others, or only in events/league days etc, will see.

Sounds like you are going to have a freaking blast! Make sure you tell us how it was when you get back.

I think the 150 class is a requirement at the Showa Kinen Park in Tokyo. Not positive but be careful if your bringing your own plastic. Ask about the other courses to be safe!

If memory serves 150 are mandatory at their parks due to the population density and therefore increased risk of hitting someone.

started organising my dg part of Japan, looks like one weekend of crazy, but a lot of the players are very willing to help us out and show us around. They seem to be more excited about my gf playing though!

If memory serves 150 are mandatory at their parks due to the population density and therefore increased risk of hitting someone.

I also think it has something to do with protecting the trees.

Awesome, sounds like a blast! :cool:

Take plenty of pictures and be sure to share with the rest of us when you get back! ;)

Foreign travel is always super exciting, be safe and have a wonderful time! :)

Got back from Japan, heres a few pics so far, but got heaps of others...

Hitachi League Day
564729_10150632987172843_567467842_9553326_436131025_n.jpg

Girlfriend got an Ace on the day
480573_260604894023932_105627066188383_558479_1862864336_n.jpg

PARKED it, with my new Climo 11x TeeBird...somehow missed a few dozen trees and outdrove the event winner! Hole starts in forest and ends up on edge of trees...its a great course, technical.
458303_10150618525047843_567467842_9496332_272597161_o.jpg

The short course outside of Tokyo
418000_254406231310465_105627066188383_542966_16931518_n.jpg

Only got a few pics on my phone, rest on the camera
423777_10150597261722843_567467842_9423140_1375913366_n.jpg