• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc similar to the Valkyrie?

The Fury is basically a long, faster Leopard. I suppose once you throw on those adjectives you are almost describing an understable or seasoned Valk. I have a 8/10 KC Pro Valkyrie that flips rather easily and I have thrown plenty of Champ Valks that are stable for Valks. The Fury fits rather perfectly between those two ends.

Here's another idea... Try an ESP Flash. These can carve lines like a Valkyrie, but with more distance potential. Since they have a 2.1cm rim vs. the Valkyrie's 1.9cm rim. and they have great glide. Just another idea to add to bunch.

From Inbounds Flight Guide and GottaGoGottaThrow Joe's Guide: The Wildcat looks to have a lot of similarities to the Valkyrie and even has a 1.9cm rim. But I don't have much experience with one other than throwing a friends a few times in Elite Z Plastic.

I like my Wildcats more than any Valk I've ever thrown. I wish they were available here in something other than Elite X though.

The Fury is basically a long, faster Leopard. I suppose once you throw on those adjectives you are almost describing an understable or seasoned Valk. I have a 8/10 KC Pro Valkyrie that flips rather easily and I have thrown plenty of Champ Valks that are stable for Valks. The Fury fits rather perfectly between those two ends.

Sure about this? If you mean jk pro yours must be beat to heck or light. My two jk's are fresh, flat and stable.

Here's another idea... Try an ESP Flash. These can carve lines like a Valkyrie, but with more distance potential. Since they have a 2.1cm rim vs. the Valkyrie's 1.9cm rim. and they have great glide. Just another idea to add to bunch.

From Inbounds Flight Guide and GottaGoGottaThrow Joe's Guide: The Wildcat looks to have a lot of similarities to the Valkyrie and even has a 1.9cm rim. But I don't have much experience with one other than throwing a friends a few times in Elite Z Plastic.

I came here to say the Discraft Flash as well. I prefer mine in Elite Z plastic, but they are very similar to Valkyries. The Saint flew nothing like a Valk for me and I'd have a hard time believing anyone that tries to say that they do. I've also heard good things about the Undertow, but I'm already happy with my current setup and haven't tried one.

I'm not really sure why you would want to get away from the Valk, but if you are ditch the entire Innova brand just for the sake of doing it, you are needlessly handicapping yourself. Don't be a discgolf racist. :D

All the other manufacturers have their issues with consistency too. They just do runs further apart so it's not as noticeable. You'll see.

Okay. So that isn't too big of a concern. See my Valkyrie was a tad bit OS. But it was a pretty new Champ. Do they make the Undertow or Fury in 166g? That's what my Valk was and I would like to mimick the weight.

Yes. I have two First Run 166g GL Fury's. :thmbup:

Regular production GL Fury's seem to start at 168g with a few 167g popping up here and there...

All the other manufacturers have their issues with consistency too. They just do runs further apart so it's not as noticeable. You'll see.

It's very true there are some better than the others, but they all have there consistency issues.

If you can find early run Visions, they seem to fly, out of the box, like beat valks that have lost lss but not hss. The newer ones are more stable and say "stable control driver" on them.

From the Marshall Street Flight guide http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/media/flightguide.html I'd suggest trying the mirus, amp, or cd craze. If you don't consider millenium to be innova (despite innova making their discs) then you might also look at the orion ls.

Innova is one of the most inconsistent.. MVP, Latitude 64, and Discraft have all been very consistent for me, thus that's all I really throw now. I do throw an orc for tomahawks and the dragon for junk shots where I could lose the disc.

Innova is one of the most inconsistent.. MVP, Latitude 64, and Discraft have all been very consistent for me, thus that's all I really throw now. I do throw an orc for tomahawks and the dragon for junk shots where I could lose the disc.

That's because Innova makes and sells more discs than all the other manufacturers combined.

Latest posts