• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc used on longest throw

500' 164 champ beast downhill tail wind.

on flat land my furtherst disc is a backhand 173 force averageing a bit over 400ft. but its gotta be into the slightest headwind

downhill doesn't count..if it did, i have thrown a disc thousands of feet..

alot of it depends on the hole tho. my record downhill shot probably had a 60 ft elevation change. while some holes have 200+ft in elevation change.

all in all its not the best way to prove how far u can throw, but if a disc travles 600+ft it sure is a hell of alot of fun to watch

Longest ever was hole 21 at Bailey the other day, but it's a big drop, was about 600' using a 140g well-beat D Model (S).

e0c966c382148e50cc6c1433ce5d042d_m_Hole_20.jpg

Longest with tailwind was 520' on slight downhill hole 3 West Fork with a 173g Destiny.

a6d2d4a1a9ee530e87f479673ec28d23_m_EYCTpbv4neVNQdr9QQPfaqPCCrHw.jpg

Longest normal throw was about 435, a good rip on a 155g Destroyer, one of those Star plastic with Wysocki's bling on the cover.

Three throws come to mind, and any of them could have been the longest. Air King/Echostar Tern/TP Destiny.

I had an air King that while incredibly temperamental, produced some of the longest backhand drives I've ever had as well.

Longest Backhand - either a 155g Opto Air Ballista or a 165g DX Destroyer.

Longest Forehand - I pulled a 166g Star Wraith from a pond, threw my 4 longest forehand shots (by 30+ feet), then texted the number. And the guy said that was his longest disc by far and he'd tried to replace it with dozens of different distance drivers.

IDK if I can even isolate 1 disc as being my longest, but one that comes readily to mind is the Axiom Excite.

It's like a better Katana. It can be absolutely smashed, and will respond favorably with huge, sweeping S curves. The Excite is (IMO) the longest driver in the Axiom/MVP lineup. Less finicky than the Relativity as well.

FWIW, my longest throw with the Excite was right at 500'. This was in the field on flat ground.

Downhill: I launched a Plasma Insanity about 490' on hole 5 at Belmont Park. Unfortunately the hole is only 420'. I ended up in hole 11's fairway, about 120' away from the pin.

Flat ground: a Star Tern on hole 9 at William Harbin. Turned over and didn't even think about coming back. Ended up about 380' away from the tee, but 140' right of the pin and took a bogey.

My longest throws downhill (570) and flat ground (405) have been from 160g Goldline Ballista Pros.

Flat ground, laser measured, Z Nuke, 512'
Down hill, spitballed, X Nuke, 750'+ (Flipped over 2x in an incredible wind event, it could easily have been 800, idk)

Longest flat was with a champ glow tern on a hyper flip at about 515'. Need to work more on distance lines.

Latest posts