• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discaroo?

They finally tricked enough people to buy real life money for their fake money that you cant get back off, so they closed the site probably...knew it would happen...

Excessive inflation of Discaroo dollars led to a revolt, the economy collapsed, and the website was assassinated.

I always wondered where all the money was going. Granted they werent selling any advertising on there so some of it was going to maintenance etc but it always seemed kinda weird.

Especially since when you loaded a picture, it connected you to a server that was somehow affiliated with a church. I wondered if the site/paypal account were set up through the church so that the paypal funds wouldnt be taxed - churches are non-profits.

If that sites "Discaroo Dollar" thing was legit, they would let you turn them back into real money....I always laughed at people who actully bought some Discaroo Dollars, cause they are screwed out their money, or if they sold discs for DD's then thye gave up discs for nothing. The site creator was really onto a way to get free money!

I occasionally traded there, but i would never think of getting DD's....it would be dumb....

at one point you could cash them out through paypal but never while i used the site. i sold plenty of stuff for DDs but always managed to find something I wanted. After a while though it became almost impossible to find anything decent.

I did one time send someone disc dollars and never got my disc. I emailed the 'complaint dept' and got my disc dollars back. That was cool, but after that I got some sense and only traded on there. That was over a year ago. Now it's all about the DGCR Marketplace.

at one point you could cash them out through paypal but never while i used the site. i sold plenty of stuff for DDs but always managed to find something I wanted. After a while though it became almost impossible to find anything decent.

Yeah, everyone with something good wanted paypal sent to them, so why buy DD for paypal :\

I always realized thye were giving you credit to a webste for real $ in which you use to buy others people stuff, it was a good way for them to get easy money i spose, i feel sorry for the people who bought into it tho :thmbdown::|

Yeah well luckily I never spent any money to get DDs, just sold discs to people. I used Discaroo for it's ease of use, and availability of discs. It is SO much easier to search on Discaroo than on here. Well I am keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back soon.

Yeah well luckily I never spent any money to get DDs, just sold discs to people. I used Discaroo for it's ease of use, and availability of discs. It is SO much easier to search on Discaroo than on here. Well I am keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back soon.

Yeah, it was easy to find a disc, but i dident like that you had to email people, not jsut pm em....i dont like chicking my email lol

Yeah, it was easy to find a disc, but i dident like that you had to email people, not jsut pm em....i dont like chicking my email lol

Yeah I agree, I usually just set up a trade and write and note cause most people would not answer emails for some reason.

Last edited:
Still broken for me. Maybe the site crashed with all those guys loading up their collections with captions like "I'm not looking to trade this, just wanted to show it off."

Latest posts